This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Gab has her sight set on NYU’s art therapy graduate program, but for now she’s with us here at Marywood. Here’s a few things we found out about her!

Name: Gabriella Romero

Year: 2018

Major: Art Therapy

Hometown: Old Bridge, NJ (but originally from Brooklyn, NY)

Her Campus Marywood (HC): Why did you choose Marywood?

Gabriella Romero (GR): “I chose Marywood because of the community feel, the beautiful campus, and the amazing reviews on the art programs here.”

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

GR: “I’m the service chair for Alpha Sigma Psi sorority, which benefits underprivileged children.”

HC: What is your fondest moment of being at Marywood?

GR: “My fondest memory was the first night we were all moved in and my roommates and I sat on our floor and had the biggest heart to heart. From that moment, I knew that I made the right decision by moving into a quad because not only were these girls my roommates, but my best friends.”

HC: Naz? Or McGowan?

GR: “McGowan.”

HC: What’s your favorite thing to order?

GR: “Probably the turkey swiss cranberry mayo wrap… or a BLT.”

HC: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be and why?

GR: “I would want to stop all the fighting and the wars. I think that world peace is a dream and not a reality. But I think that we, as a world and a whole, need to work together for a better future because the route that we’re going down now is very scary.”

HC: What is your dream job?

GR: “An art therapist – either in a pediatric oncology department or in a rehabilitation center for girls with eating disorders or children with PTSD.”

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

GR: “I see myself hopefully graduating from NYU’s art therapy graduate program and hopefully finding a job right away because I want to be able to support myself so that I can travel the world.”

HC: Cats or dogs?

GR: “Dogs. Weiner dogs.”

HC: Do you have any siblings?

GR: “Yes, one younger brother Alex, who’s 15 and my bff.”

HC: Favorite hobby? Why?

GR: “My favorite hobby would have to be anything outdoors – even if it’s just sitting outside or swimming or hiking.”

McKensie is a senior at Marywood University majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Marywood which she co-founded in April 2015 with Alexandra Goebelbecker. McKensie also serves as a blogger for Frame Your Future, an anchor for TV-Marywood, Arts & Entertainment Editor for The Wood Word, and captain for Marywood's cheerleading squad.