Meet Brandon Morley ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Name: Brandon Morley

Major: History-Social Sciences/ Secondary Education

Graduation Year: May 2019

Hometown: Milford, PA

Her Campus (HC): “Hi Brandon, thank you so much for sitting down to talk to us.”

Brandon Morley (BM): “You’re Welcome”

HC: “So Brandon, what are you involved in on campus?”

BM: “I am a student ambassador for the admissions office, i am the current Vice President of the SGA on campus, president of Phi Alpha Theta ( History Honor society), Autism Speaks, and Student Alumni Association.”

HC: “What is it like being VP of student government?”

BM: “Well it is a lot of work, but at the same time it is equally fulfilling it feels really great to be able to make such a large difference on campus, along side the 4 other executive cabinet members. It is a lot of fun, people think we are a room full of old men but we actually have the best time.

HC: “ So you also work in Admissions, what is that like?”

BM: “A blast with my home girl Lia Sohl. But no, in all seriousness it is such an enjoyable experience to help prospective students realize if Marywood is the school for them. Also to help them love it as much as I do. It’s awesome and you get paid to do it. Shoutout Nancy Decker I love you.”

HC: “What can we look forward to coming up in SGA?”

BM: “You can expect a lot of changes around campus. SGA has a lot of exciting goals we are trying to complete this semester. Some examples include changing the time of registration so it is no longer at midnight, putting more campus directories across campus, create SGA press conferences to host guest, getting new American flags on campus and taking down and repurposing the butt huts on campus.”

HC: “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?”

BM: “Alive and well. Hopefully, as a full time teacher teaching a middle or high school history class (live, laugh, breathe, JFK). and I hope to just be thriving in my young adult life

HC: “What is your favorite food?”

BM: “Pasta any type

HC: “I hear you love JFK, tell me more about why you love him”

BM: “I guess it is not so much I love him I just love learning about him. By no means think he was the best president our country has seen I don’t think he has enough time to prove that but I do believe he and his family have one of the most interesting stories to learn about.

HC: “Where is your favorite place to hangout not on campus?”

BM: “Northern Lights”

HC: “What is your favorite Marywood memory?”

BM: “Being invited to and able to partake in the inauguration of our new president Sr. Mary, but also a close 2nd goes to getting our SGA benches.

HC: “Last question, Dunkin or Starbucks?”

BM: “Dunkin. Is that even a question?”

Senior, Hospitaltiy Management and Marketing major from Potomac, MD. I love guac, sleeping, and eating.  Twitter: @liasohl   Intagram: @lia.sohl