Marywood Celebrity: Stephanie Bagniewski

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

By Kaitlyn O’Meara

Whether she’s out doing community service, on the softball field, or singing showtunes in the shower, she’s always having a good time. We sat down with the one and only Stephanie Bagniewski, a senior Bio major, and possibly, your next Homecoming Queen!

Name: Stephanie Bagniewski

Nickname: Steph or Bags

Major: Biology

Graduation Year: 2016

Hometown: Cranford, NJ

Her Campus Marywood (HC): Why did you choose to come to Marywood?

Stephanie Bagniewski (SB): I came for the atmosphere, the people I met when I visited, and I wanted to play softball.

HC: What organizations or clubs are you involved in on campus?

SB: Captain of the softball team, Greek Council chair of Zeta Phi Delta, Main Representative for SAAC (Student Athletic Advisory Committee), and I’m a Student Representative for the Athletic Advisory Board.

HC: What is your favorite moment from your time at Marywood?

SB: Hitting my first collegiate home run in the NCAA tournament in Rochester, NY.

HC: What is your favorite song at the moment?

SB: “Should’ve Been Us” by Tori Kelly.

HC: What is your favorite season?

SB: Fall, but also summer because I’m at the beach 99% of the time.

HC: What is your favorite food?

SB: Burritos, HANDS DOWN.

HC: What is your favorite food spot on campus?

SB: McGowan.

HC: What is your favorite sports team?

SB: New York Mets.

HC: What is your favorite book?

SB: Yes Please by Amy Poehler. She’s my spirit animal.

HC: What is your favorite Disney Princess?

SB: Cinderella, but I love being a strong independent woman, so I also love Elsa and Anna.

HC: If you could change one thing about the world what would it be? 

SB: It would be for people to be more accepting of the disabled.

HC: What is your dream job?

SB: A Physician Assistant in the ER or operating room.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

SB: Being a Physician Assistant with a killer shoe collection, a Great Dane named Thor, and a Dalmatian named Pongo.

HC: What is your favorite movie, TV Show, and what are you binge-watching on netflix?

SB: Lilo and Stitch, Grey’s Anatomy, and Once Upon A Time.

HC: Fun fact?

SB: I can fit 20 cheeseballs in my mouth and I also have been to Disney 20+ times. Also, I’m running for homecoming queen, so vote for me!

McKensie is a senior at Marywood University majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Marywood which she co-founded in April 2015 with Alexandra Goebelbecker. McKensie also serves as a blogger for Frame Your Future, an anchor for TV-Marywood, Arts & Entertainment Editor for The Wood Word, and captain for Marywood's cheerleading squad.