Look Forward for Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Look Forward for Yourself

I have always been the type of person to give advice and never take it. I am incredibly bad at listening to other people’s opinions. My first thought is always that no one else knows what I am going through so they do not know how too fix it. But, I received a piece of advice last week that changed everything. Look forward for yourself. 4 simple words.

You cannot go anywhere in life if you are focused on the rearview mirror. You are never going to get over him if you are constantly wondering what it was like when you were with him. It’s hard, moving on but it will benefit one person in the end, and that is you.

You are in college to prepare yourself for what you want to do for the rest of your life. You may feel lost and insecure, but you need to remember why you are where you are. Look forward to being a doctor/nurse/teacher/lawyer because that is your dream and he is never going to take that away from you.

He is a phase and while it may feel like you are drowning, you will bust through the surface of that water with so much power that nothing and no one will be able to stop you. I am rooting for you and I will not stop. I have been in your position and it is not an easy one. Remember who you were, who you are, and who you will be and never forget it.