This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

At this point in our lives, there are so many people at different stages. Some people are in a relationship. It may be just starting out or with a person you have known for years. Some people in your life may be getting engaged or even married. However, there is a portion of girls in college who are single. Being single is okay! Some girls may love being single and hate catching feelings, while other girls just want to find the perfect boy to love them back and commit. If you are one of those girls who want a relationship, there are so many reasons to just relax and see where life takes you. Here are a few!

1. It is okay to be single.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You are perfect just the way you are. Do not ever allow anyone to tell you otherwise. There may be times where you think that you are doing something wrong, but I am here to tell you that you are NOT. Someone will come around and love you for you and love all your flaws and quirks.

1. Don’t hope for it, just let it happen.

A lot of people try to force a relationship, but the reality is this… You can’t force another person into doing something they are not willing to do. It has to be completely their decision. You may hope and wish that it works out your way, but I am telling you that even if it does not end the way you have planned in your head in a couple years you will be thankful for that. When the right person for you comes along it will all click and make sense. Finding a guy will happen when you least expect it. I know you have heard this over and over. A person does not realize how true that statement is until it happens to them. The right guy will come along completely out of left field, which makes it just that much more exciting.

1. Do not settle.

When a person is so focused on a relationship, they overlook the characteristics of a guy and end up settling. There is a chance that the guy you settle for is completely wrong for you. Then you waste your time in a relationship when you could have been living the single life and having fun rather than being upset, worrying or even dealing with drama. Only commit when the person feels completely right for you.

1. This may be the last time you are single.

We are at a weird age. When we fully commit into a relationship, there may be a chance that the person you start dating is the person you might marry. It sounds crazy and scary, I know. The outcome of a relationship is either you live happily ever after or you break up and eat an entire bucket of ice cream. So, live up your days being single. You never know when prince charming is going to come along and sweep you off your feet. In ten, twenty years you do not want to look back and regret not doing everything you could have while you were single.

1. Focus on you.

Be independent, find yourself, and try to do something completely new and ridiculous. These are the years where we discover who we are and who we want to be. You can focus on your career, schoolwork, or a job. There are thousands of hobbies you can get into, or start healthy habits. When you are single, you get to focus on yourself a lot, which is a great thing. Explore the world and enjoy every minute of your life and the hand of cards you were given because one day your life may completely change and the only thing you have to look back on these times are the memories you created. It is all in your hands.

A jersey girl in "the office" world
Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com