To Her Campus As I Graduate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

As my graduation approaches, I have been considering the experiences that have most shaped during my college experience. Arguably, I learned more from my time with Her Campus than I learned within the classroom. Her Campus provided my with experiences that I couldn’t find at my University.

Freshman year when I applied to launch Her Campus Marywood, I could never have imagined two years later, I would be walking away from this organization forever changed. Her Campus provides its team members with a unique experience, a hands-on experience. During my time with Her Campus, I was taught valuable career lessons including content editing, social media techniques, email etiquette and people management. 

Not only was I greeted with a wonderful resume-enhancing opportunity, I was welcomed into a community of like-minded, goal-oriented and hardworking women. I am beyond blessed to have made some amazing friendships through Her Campus that will continue on following my graduation.

More than anything, I am grateful for the opportunities Her Campus afforded me in regards to self-growth. Over the last two years, I have grown more personally and professionally than ever before and I credit that to my time spent with Her Campus. I learned just how hard I can work, how to make the difficult decisions and more than anything how to work with other people. Her Campus taught me that every individual has a unique voice, perspective and story to be told and offers a platform for us to share our voices. I am incredibly grateful to be a part of this orgaization and look forward to watching it continue to grow as a graduate.

Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com