This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Finally…the season of oversized sweaters, dark lipstick, blanket scarves, and fresh crisp air is upon us. Fall is the season that all of us girls can’t wait to dress for. I know I can’t resist a cute oversized sweater and leggings look with my knee-high boots and a pretty plum lip color. Here are some of my major Fall essentials.

1. Oversized Sweaters – Sweater weather is finally here! Something I will never get tired of is an oversized sweater. It is the perfect must-have for the Fall season. You can pair oversized sweaters so many ways: with leggings or jeans, knee-high boots and a scarf. This makes for easy and simple, yet chic autumn looks.
  2. Autumnal Eyeshadow –  If you’re a makeup lover like me, you need to have autumnal eyeshadow. I love, love, love my beige and brown neutrals, however, for the fall time I like to switch it up. I love to venture out and use more burnt orange and burgundy colors on my lids. One thing you can try is to blend deeper colors into the crese for more definition.
  3. Fall candles – If you’re like me, fall scented candles are the ultimate essential for the fall season. There is nothing better than having your home smell like spiced baked goods or the outdoors. The best way to achieve this is to stock up on your favorite scented candles. I usually choose pumpkin, ginger, or coffee scented candles for the Fall time. It makes everything around me feel comfy and cozy and it makes me want to curl up under a blanket and read a good book.
  4. Blanket scarves – Another one of my favorite essentials for the Fall are blanket scarves. The reason I love them so much is because of their added warmth and how cozy they are; they can also add to any outfit, whether it be a patterned scarf or a solid color. Blanket scarves are also versatile, so you can wear them in many ways and get the most use out of your scarves, such as wearing them as ponchos or capes.
  5. Face masks – As soon as Autumn approaches, my skin looks like it got the life sucked out of it. Something about the season change that does this to my skin. One thing I love to use to help fix this problem is face masks, however, it’s hard to find the perfect one for your skin. Luckily, I found a mask that lifts my skin and makes it look renewed, refreshed, and ready to take on the season. It’s the Josie Maran Whipped Mud Mask in the cucumber aloe scent. This hydrating and detoxifying mud mask is perfect for all skin types. It helps to clarify, firm, and refine your skin. It helps with pore, loss of firmness, and dryness skin problems. 
Christiane Lowcher is a double major in Criminal Justice & Sociology at Marywood University. Christiane has been the Captain of the Women's Golf Team at Marywood for three years. She is a lover of food, Netflix, and makeup. She's just a girl who's figuring her life out day by day and living by her motto, "You just gotta be happy with your life!" Instagram: c_lowcher Twitter: clowcherr