HC Marywood’s Guide to New Music

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Late fall is easily one of the best times of the year. Not only is is when the leaves change colors fall to the ground, Halloween and Thanksgiving Celebrations are underway but it is also the point in the year whan artists of all genres release new music. We at HC Marywood are very excited about all of the latest releases check out our picks for some of the hottest up and coming tracks.

10) The All-American Rejects: The band behind such hits as “Dirty Little Secret,” “Move Along” and “Gives You Hell” is back again with their new single “There’s A Place.” Lead Singer Tyson Ritter’s voice combined with the band’s heartfelt lyrics is a heartbreakingly beautiful tribute to a love lost.

9) Fall Out Boy: Back with Make America Psycho Again a remixed version of their album American Beauty/American Psycho from earlier this year. Make America Psycho Again features wrappers including Juicy JWiz Khalifa, and Azealia Banks on FOB’s new tracks. In addition the band released a new version of Irresistible featuring Demi Lovato. Catch them on tour with Awolnation and Pvris!

8) Justin Bieber: Following a string of what can only be described as Public Relations nightmares, Bieber is back with a totally different sound. Bieber’s latest track, “I’ll Show You” emphasizes the struggles of life in the spotlight singing: “Sometimes it’s hard to do the right thing when the pressure’s coming down like lightning. It’s like they want me to be perfect when they don’t even know I’m hurting.” Justin’s new electronic sound proves that sometimes change is for the better.

7) 5 Seconds of Summer: The Australian Pop Phenomenon is back with their second studio album, “Sounds Good Feels Good” and showcases the band’s growth as artists. Calum Hood, Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin and Michael Clifford have already established themselves for their catchy tunes “She Looks So Perfect” and “She’s Kind Of Hot” but now they are showing their vulnerable side with “Broken Home” and “Invisible.” “Sounds Good Feels Good” has sky-rocketed to the top of that charts and is without a doubt one of the best albums of 2015.

6) Selena Gomez: Gomez’s latest album, “Revival” is undeniably some of her greatest work to date. “Good For You” and “Same Old Love” showcase Selena’s maturity both as an artist and as a person. Although Ex-Boyfriend, Justin Bieber says he “will never stop loving her,” “Revival reminds the world that Gomez is just fine on her own.

5) Adele: The Queen of Heartbreak is back with her latest release, “Hello.” Although this latest track is no different than her other tragic ballads, it is definitely worth a listen. “Hello” is the kind of tragic that everyone can relate to: a poignant cry for a love lost.

4) Panic! at the Disco: The band behind pop-punk classics including: “This is Gospel,” “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” and “Nine in the Afternoon” is back with “Emperor’s New Clothes.” The latest track from this eccentric band is haunting and electrifying in all the best ways. Brendon Urie and company will be performing at this year’s Macy’s Thanksigiving Day Parade ahead of their January 21st release of their latest album, “Death of A Bachelor.”

3) One Direction: Simon Cowell’s money making fourpiece is standing on their own feet with their latest releases since the loss of band member, Zayn Malik earlier this year. The band released “Perfect” and “Infinity” ahead of their highly anticipated fifth studio album, “Made in the A.M.” Rumored to be about Taylor Swift following her brief romance with Harry Styles, “Perfect” leaves the world wondering Zayn Who? 

2) Ellie Goulding: “The Love Me Like You Do” superstar credited with matchmaking Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris is back and better than ever. Goulding’s latest album, “Delirium,” drops November 6th but in the meantime she has released “On My Mind,” “Army,” “Something In the Way You Move,” and “Lost and Found” as a sneak peak. All four of these  tracks remind the world why she’s taking over the music scene. Catch Ellie on her just announced United States Tour in 2016!

1) DNCE: Joe Jonas, formerly of the Jonas Brothers, headlines this new funk-pop band and takes the lead on the band’s sebut single “Cake By The Ocean.” The other members of the band are JinJoo Lee playing guitar, Cole Whittle playing the bass, and Jack Lawless on the drums. “Cake By the Ocean” is catchy, danceable and guaranteed to be stuck in your head until they release another track. DNCE is definitely an artist on the rise that we look forward to hearing more from.

Happy Listening, Collegiettes!

Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com