HC Marywood’s Guide to Fall Television

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

When I think about fall, I think about a few things; the leaves changing colors, Halloween , and new television shows. Whether you’re looking for comedy, drama or action, here are the shows you should check out this season!

1. The Grinder: Fox-Premieres September 29th at 8:30 PM.

Starring Rob Lowe and Fred Savage, The Grinder chronicles the life of Dean Sanderson as he returns to his hometown  from a brief stint appearing as a lawyer on television. This comedy examines the relationship between brothers and the special bond between a family.

2. Scream Queens: Fox-Premieres September 22nd at 8 PM.

Combining Comedy and Horror, Scream Queens follows a sorority house during the twentieth anniversary of a pledging accident. Scream Queens is one of the most anticipated events of the fall television season boasting an all star cast including: Lea Michele, Emma Roberts, Keke Palmer, Ariana Grande, Abigail Breslin and Nick Jonas.

3. Blood and Oil: ABC-Premieres September 27th at 9 PM.

Chace Crawford returns to television in this drama about the modern day oil rush in North Dakota. What’s not to love?

4. Grandfathered: FOX-September 29th at 8 PM

Television legends, John Stamos and Josh Peck team up in this comedy about life’s surprises. Stamos plays a perpetual bachelor who discovers later in life that he is not only a father but also a grandfather. The duo is also joined by Criminal Minds alum, Paget Brewster.

5. Super Girl: CBS-Premieres October 26th at 8:30 PM

Super Girl follows Super Man’s cousin in her own superhero career. Glee alum, Melissa Benoist plays the title role and is joined by legendary, Calista Flockhart.

6. Wicked City: ABC-Premieres October 27th at 10 PM

This drama brings the return of Chuck Bass to television! Ed Restock stars in this drama about detectives tracking down serial killers on the Sunset Strip. Erika Christensen and Evan Ross also star.

7. Truth Be Told: NBC-Premieres October 16th at 8:30 PM

Truth Be Told tells the story of two couples from very different backgrounds. Mark Paul Gosselaar, Vanessa Lachey and Ashley Tisdale.

8. Quantico: ABC-Premieres September 27th at 10 PM

Quantico documents the extensive training that FBI recruits undergo before entering the field.  This innovative drama uses extensive flashbacks to explain the history of the characters and what prompted them to enter FBI training.

9. Minority Report: Fox-Premieres September 21st at 9 PM

Wilmer Valderrama and Meagan Good costar in this Sci-Fi drama which takes place ten years after the end of Precrime in Washington D.C. Visions of the future plague the protagonists as they struggle to understand what is happening to them.

10. Limitless: CBS-Premieres September 22 at 10 PM

Based on the 2011 Bradley Cooper film of the same name, Limitless tells the story of a man who who gains access to his full extent of his brain capacity. This new Sci-Fi Drama stars Aaron Ayhan, Trevor Brooks and includes an appearance from

Bradley Cooper.

Get your popcorn ready for all of the upcoming premieres!

Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com