HC Marywood’s Greatest Television Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Television couples unlike movie romances, are ongoing and allow emotional investment which can be both heartbreaking and rewarding. Everyone has a favorite couple that you desperately want to be together or that you truly can not get sick of. Check out fifteen of the most iconic Television couples of all time!

15) Glee’s Rachel Berry and Finn Hudson: This musical couple brought to life by Lea Michele and the late Cory Monteith defied the laws of high school stereotypes and reminded the world that music can bring people of all walks of life together.

Watch: On Netflix!

14) How I Met Your Mothers’ Lily and Marshall Eriksen: Not your average married couple, Alyson Hannigan and Jason Segel steal the show with their honest portrayal of a married couple living in the New York City figuring life out.

Watch: on Netflix and in reruns!

13) The Big Bang Theory’s Penny and Leonard Hofstadter: What happens when an aspiring actress marries a physicist? Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki are continuing to make the world laugh midway through season nine of this hit show.

Watch: Thursdays at 8 o’clock on CBS or in reruns!

12) Full House’s Becky and Jesse Katsopolis: Have Mercy’ on everyone’s favorite Full House couple and get excited for their return on Fuller House!

Watch: In reruns and soon on Netflix’s spin-off Fuller House!

11) Friday Night Light’s Tami and Coach Eric Taylor: When football dominates your relationship, things aren’t always easy. Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler’s characters experience adversity on the road to success living in small town Texas. The Taylors know two things to be true: Texas is forever and so is true love.

Watch: on Netflix!

10) Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big (John James Preston): Their love story spans not only a television series, but additionally two movies making them infamous on the small screen as well as the silver screen. Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth’s characters have become synonymous with unconventional love including their out of the box proposal (shown below).

Watch: in reruns!

9) Gossip Girls’ Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass: the unlikely duo made famous by Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick encountered countless obstacles on their pathway to happiness.

Watch: on Netflix!

8) Friends’ Rachel Green and Ross Geller: Although they enjoyed their fair share of breaks, Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer’s characters always managed to find their way back to one another.

Watch: On Netflix and in reruns!

7) Scrubs’ Elliot Reed and John ‘J.D.’ Dorian: Awkward in the best way, Sarah Chalke and Zach Braff’s characters face hospital rotations and beyond in this medical comedy.

Watch: on Netflix!

6) Saved By the Bell’s Kelly Kapowski and Zack Morris: This nineties power couple can be spotted in re-runs sipping milkshakes and splitting french fries at “The Max.” Tiffani Theissen and Mark Paul Gosselaar 

Watch: on Netflix and in reruns!

5) Dawson’s Creek’s Joey Potter and Pacey Witter: Undeniably one of the most surprising couples of all time, these enemies turned soulmates played by Katie Holmes and Joshua Jackson were a staple of 90’s teen drama completing an ongoing love triangle with Dawson Leery played by James Van der Beek.

Watch: in reruns!

4) Parks and Recreation’s Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt: Sharing a passion for government work and waffles, Amy Poehler and Adam Scott play this whimsical Indianna loving couple as they climb the government ladder all the way to Washington D.C.

Watch: On Netflix!

3) Boy Meets World’s Topanga Lawrence and Cory Matthews: Growing up is hard but it’s much easier when you have a best friend/soul mate to guide you through life. Danielle Fishel and Ben Savage are still learning on Disney Channel’s spin-off, Girl Meets World.

Watch: in reruns and on Disney Channel’s spin-off, Girl Meets World on Fridays at 8:30 PM.

2) One Tree Hill’s Haley James and Nathan Scott: Having their ups and downs over the couse of nine seasons, Bethany Joy Lenz and James Lafferty’s high school sweethearts turned rockstar and NBA player are reminders that love is full of compromises.

Watch: on Netflix!

1) The Office’s Pam Beesly and Jim Halpert: Proof that sometimes love takes time, Jenna Fischer and John Krasinski captured the adoration of fans everywhere for their portrayal of Scranton based paper-salesman in an eclectic office environment.

Watch: on Netflix and in reruns!

Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com