HC Marywood’s Boy Band Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Although music changes there is one thing that remains constant: the boy band phenomenon. Everyone has one they love whether publicly or in secret. Check out HC Marywood’s favorite biy bands!

10) Big Time Rush: the short-lived Nickolodean project proved that boy bands rarely last. But they will be loving us “worldwide” forever!

9) The Monkees: The boy band of our mother’s generation, the Monkees gave us classics including “Daydream Believer.”

8) Busted: The writers and original artists of “Year 3000,” Busted was successful in the UK before splitting in 2005.

7) 98 Degrees: The boy band that gave the world the Lachey Brothers, 98 Degrees penned love songs including “I Do” and “Can’t Get Enough of You.”

6) New Kids on the Block: NKOTB has been “Step by Step” since the 90s and Beyond!

5) McFly: British superband, McFly has been stealing hearts for more than ten years. Singing songs including “All About You” and “Love is on the Radio,” McFly has recently penned songs for One Direction. 

4) N*Sync: The Band that gave us Justin Timberlake said “Bye Bye Bye” to music in 2002 but still has girls singing to this day.

3) One Direction: Simon Cowell’s money makers have no fear in speaking their minds and are always willing to tell you “What Makes You Beautiful” and that you’ve got that “One Thing.” Even as a four piece, the band reminds the world that not all boy bands can dance.

2) Backstreet Boys: Nick Carter and company may have retired years ago although rumors are surfacing about a possible joint Spice Girls Tour. Let’s just say “I Want It That Way.”

1) The Jonas Brothers: Undeniably the Boy Band of our current generation that stil has fans “Burnin Up” at the mention of their names. “When You Look Me In The Eyes” still brings tears to the eyes of the former fans and we’re all still waiting for them to take us to the “Year 3000.”

Fingers Crossed for some boy band reunions ASAP!

Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com