This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Last weekend Marywood held its second annual Bubble Soccer tournament. I went with my camera and snagged some cool shots of the whole thing! It was a really cool way to spend an afternoon. All of us enjoyed watching our friends get jostled around in plastic bubbles. The concept is pretty simple. You strap yourself into a giant blow up bubble and you run around attempting to play the sport of soccer. For most of us, just playing soccer regularly is hard. I cannot imagine trying to play while inside a giant bubble.

Teams of five were called to gather on the turf field. The prize for the team that could win the whole tournament would win the $500 cash prize.

I talked to my friend Ian Byrnes and asked him why he attended the event.

“Because I didn’t have anything else to do with my life and wanted to watch my buddies hit people.” I totally understand. Watching people run at each other dressed like that never stops being funny. Ian was just a spectator this time, but that wasn’t for lack of trying. When I asked him why he didn’t make a team for himself he said he woke up too late. Good luck next year Ian!

A team of five Marywood soccer players took home the $500 cash prize. I talked to Andrew Pellechia and asked him a few questions about the event.

These plastic bubbles are huge and last Sunday was extremely hot. I asked what it was like to be inside one of the bubbles, “It was hot, I was sweaty, and I definitely wouldn’t do it more than once a year.” I can completely understand that. Being a soccer player, I wondered what it was like to play inside the bubble. “The weight of the bubble made it much harder to run and it being on a Sunday morning didn’t help either.” Overall this was a super fun event that appeared to be entirely successful! It’s fun to take my camera along to events and see what I can snap pictures of!

I'm a New Hampshire girl living in a Pennsylvania world. Lover of Harry Potter, the New England Patriots, and my bed. I think that about covers it.
Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com