Books to Help You Self-Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Books have always been something that helped me escape from reality. They have also helped me to focus on self-love and myself. I really started focusing on self-love books about a year and a half ago and since then I have read countless books that have helped me to find myself and realize my self worth. The three below are my favorites and I highly suggest them to everyone reading this!

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur– I could write about this book for hours and it would still not be enough. Rupi Kaur writes about the struggles we all go through and then takes us on the journey back to finding herself. Finding ourselves is something that I think every girl in college struggles with and it is not an easy task. Rupi went on this same journey. She was broken and she knew she had to put the pieces back together. I suggest this book to everyone.

How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul by Jason and Crystalina Evert- I think that in college we all struggle with boys and love. We feel like its time for us to settle down but most boys just are not ready too. Frankly, they are immature but we are not going to be the ones to change them. If they want you, they need to be the one to fight and change, not you. Jason and Crystalina are a married couple who have written over ten books on love. The book does have religious aspects but it is still a necessary read for everyone who feels like they lost themselves looking for love. 10/10 would recommend.

Whiskey, Words, and A Shovel (all volumes) by R.H. Sin.– Sin writes for women who are down on themselves. One of my favorite quotes from the first installment of the trilogy is, “Baby, you’re a star, don’t apologize for burning too bright”. I think this quote sums up everything we, as college students, need to hear. We tend to knock ourselves down and dim our inner lights but it hurts us in the end. This book will empower you to go out and do whatever makes your heart happiest. Stop beating yourself up about things that are out of your control and read this book!