5 Reasons Why Wine Should be your Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Sure, mackin’ on that olive-skinned hottie from your chemistry class would be nice, but no babe could ever compare to the magnificent nectar of the Gods known as wine. Here are a few reasons why you should make wine your Valentine. 

1. Wine will never turn down taking a bath with you.

Bubbles and candles strongly encouraged. Bonus: You can both fit comfortably!

2. Wine gets along with all of your best friends (aka your favorite snacks).

From cheese to chocolate to fruit, wine is likely to pair well with your midnight snack.

3. Wine will always let you pick the movie.

Let the complaint-free Nicholas Sparks marathon commence.

4. Wine will make you feel fancy and sophisticated.

Whether you’re wearing a cocktail dress and pearls, or stained sweatpants and no bra, wine just has this way of making you feel classy.

5. Wine will encourage you to be a better person.

It’s like a yoga class in liquid form. Namaste.

No matter sweet or dry, red or white, there’s a wine out there waiting for you to say “be mine”.

McKensie is a senior at Marywood University majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Marywood which she co-founded in April 2015 with Alexandra Goebelbecker. McKensie also serves as a blogger for Frame Your Future, an anchor for TV-Marywood, Arts & Entertainment Editor for The Wood Word, and captain for Marywood's cheerleading squad.