25 Thoughts I Had Listening to Ed Sheeran’s New Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Before reading this article, you should know that I have been an obsessive Ed Sheeran for as long as I can remember. I cried when I saw him open up for Taylor Swift on her “Red” Tour and his previous two albums are on constant loop in the CD player in my car. I have been counting down the days until Ed released his latest album, Divide, and it sent me on an emotional rollercoaster. 

1. Am I emotionally prepared to be torn about by a new Ed Sheeran Album? Nope, here we go.
  2. Ed Sheeran you may not like fame but I need you to not leave me ever again! 
  3. Why does he pronounce Eraser like “E-Razor?”
  4. “I’m happy on my own so here I’ll stay,” Same, Ed.
  5. Will Castle on a Hill every not make me feel overwhelmingly nostalgic? 
  6. Also how many highschoolers hung out near castles? Is that a European thing?
  7. Three songs in and I’m already crying….send help.
  8. *Dances throughout the whole length of “Shape of You”*
  9. It’s official, I’ve decided “Perfect” will be my wedding song
  10. Song five and I’m crying again.
  11. Galway Girl is just in time for St. Patrick’s Day!
  12. The only thing that could make me happier than this song is hearing Ed sing it live.
  13. “Everything’s reminding me of you,” Ed sings what we all feel.
  14. New Man is the ideal breakup song. No one fight me on this. 
  15. Ed, I’m sorry to break it to you but hearts break everywhere. 
  16. However, Hearts Don’t Break Around Here still has me crying. 
  17. What do I Know? Ed Sheeran is much wiser than I will ever be. 
  18. Ed, if you’re asking how I feel please know that I’m crying. 
  19. Someone please buy me flowers from the supermarket.
  20. also tissues, I could really use tissues and a hug right now.
  21. Seriously considering booking a trip to Spain immediately.
  22. I don’t totally understand what Ed means by Bibia Be Ye Ye but it’s super catchy.
  23. Feeling really guilty that I didn’t write a song about my grandparents’ love story right about now.
  24. It’s only fitting that the end of the album made me cry.
  25. Ed Sheeran, you have saved yourself and myself. Thank you.

Ed Sheeran, while I cursed you for years for not releasing new music sooner, Divide was well worth the wait. Bravo, Ed, on another masterful and emotional musical journey.

Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com