This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Weather, please get it together

Virginia weather is notorious for being wildly unpredictable and completely unsure of whether it wants to be warm, rainy, snowy, or these days, all three in the span of about a week. Marymount has seen about eight cancellations and delays because of either the crazy blizzards that ravage the streets or the mere rumors that a snow apocalypse is going to engulf us all. Unfortunately, all of this has just gone from “OMG SNOW AGAIN!” to “Oh my god… snow… again”

When you got the news of that first cancellation you were probably pretty ecstatic:

Then, you find out that there aren’t any shuttles running and unless you have a car you’re pretty much stuck on campus:

Oh well, you decide to make the best of it:

You promise yourself that you will get all of your laundry done, study for that Chem test, and not waste one second of this day off:

Due to other priorities and circumstances, your day ends up more like this:

Or this:

Or even this:

(Repeat this cycle again…and again… and… you get it)

All of a sudden you have this realization… you’re pretty tired of being cold all the time- I mean, it is the end of March… So when a few beautiful days pop up on your radar it’s life-changing:

There are a few days where the weather is absolutely beautiful:

Then you wake up the next morning expecting more joyous warmth… and there’s your old best friend staring you right in the face: wintery, icy death:

And the worst part is… class is in session:

So you brave the long walk across campus to that one credit course that is oh so important to your wellbeing:

You almost fall on your way there:

And when you finally arrive, you’ve acquired a thick layer of icy dandruff that ends up soaking through all of your clothes:

You officially decide you don’t like this at all:

So you have a message for the snow:

And you hope it will end soon:

Your sanity depends on it:

Why yes Brad Pitt… yes we do.