This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Summer, an amount of time in which there is a break from stresses of school. A time where sleeping in late and becoming reckless about your responsibilities is normal… right? Some of us can say that (and how LUCKY you are!). Others are confined to such responsibilities known as “summer jobs”. Even the word can make even the coolest lax guy lose his chill (and that’s saying something). 

When you got home from college you probably had an idea about what you wanted your summer to be:

Then you were reminded that there is just one problem.

Your denial sinks in rather rapidly.

And you dread the fact that your summer will be filled with tasks that you wanted to get away from.

Whether it’s a job in human services.

Or the internship you have been putting off for ages.

The fake smiles and mundane tasks can get the best of you.

And sometimes, interfacing with your boss can go something like this.

After a while, you find yourself actually missing the college freedom.

And you’re ready for whatever next semester will throw at you.

Because college responsibilities are so much easier… right?

Unfortunately, your Starbucks budget, tuition payments, and any hopes of having money for the next semester ride on this gig. Enjoy the fun of responsibility until late August arrives collegiettes! 

Hi!  My name's Terri and I'm a senior at Marymount University majoring in Health Promotion with a minor in Public Health. I'm obsessed with traveling, thrifting, tea, and writing.  I am the current campus correspondent for Her Campus Marymount. After graduation I hope to leave my mark on the world in a BIG way!