pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Name: Khaloob A Mushref

Age: 25

Year: Senior

Major: Biology

Hometown: Yanbu, Saudi Arabia

What are some of your hobbies/activities?

I love reading, drawing, and knitting

What activities are you involved in on campus?

I am a student assistant at the International Student Services. Also, I am the treasurer of the Saudi Student Association and the catering chair of Dance MaryTHON.

What is your favorite part about being a leader on campus?

My favorite part is helping other students who are shy to ask for help.

Why did you choose to attend Marymount?

I never knew Marymount, not until my brother told me about it and was enrolled in it.

What is your favorite thing about Marymount?

My favorite thing about Marymount is how small it is in size yet huge in different opportunities and way to build up your future.

What is a typical day in your life like?

My typical day is coming early to Marymount before everyone, and leaving Marymount after everyone leaves, even though I do not live on campus.

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?

I see myself accomplishing my dream in a research field and pursuing my Ph.D. in Molecular Biology Engineering.

What is your most memorable moment at Marymount? 

My memorable moment will be when I walk down Constitution Hall on my graduation day.

What have you been able to take away from your years so far at Marymount?

A person needs to step out of his or her comfort zone in order to accomplish anything and make connections.

What is your dream job and how do you think you’ll get there?

My dream job is to become a Molecular Biologist. I’ll get there by working in different research areas and working my way up.

3 words to describe yourself:

Funny, kind, and strict

What is the biggest obstacle you’ve had to overcome?

My biggest obstacle was managing my time. I still have problems with that but I’m doing a great job keeping up with it.

What’s your spirit animal and why?

My spirit animal is a cat. Cats are domestic creatures and really calm.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I would go to Spain or Italy.

Who is your MCE (Man Crush Everyday)?

My MCE is my father because without his help and support I would not have gone this far in my life. Also Channing Tatum.

What is your motto to live by/favorite quote?

I think my motto would be “Hakuna Matata” and “If you want to be somebody and if you want to go somewhere you better wake up and pay attention”