This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Name: Janie Paw

[Image Credit: Amanda Ghobadi]

Year: Senior

Major: Communications with a minor in Criminal Justice 

Favorite color?

I have multiple. Purple and black, especially black for my clothing.

What is your favorite TV show/movie?

You are talking to someone who watches 10 shows a week. I have multiple. For reality TV, its the “Amazing Race” and “Dancing with the Stars”. For dramas, “Once Upon a Time” and “How to Get Away with Murder”, and for comedies, it has to be “Modern Family” and “Fresh Off the Boat”- I relate to that show so much. I’m a first generation Asian child in the US, so I feel very connected to that show. As for movies, it’s the Harry Potter movies, School of Rock, and the classic: Spice World.

Favorite food?

I love Filipino food. It is so unhealthy, but so good!

Where is the next place you’d want to travel?

Um, the globe. My mom and I want to go to Salzburg, Austria. The Sound of Music is one of our favorite movies. She and I also want to go to Germany so we can visit our cousin there. I would also love to get a UK work Visa.

What is your dream job?

I would love to work in the entertainment media. I’ve realized that I can’t be too specific with that, though. I would love to do something with production or as a writer. I want to immerse myself in pop culture.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Rudeness. I think that is one of everybody’s. There is just no reason to be rude to another person. Make an effort to be nice and respectful..

What is your favorite part of Marymount?

If I am being really honest, my favorite part is my friends. Friends make the experience.

What has been your biggest challenge since coming to Marymount?

Time management. Here’s the thing, I am really good at managing my time when it comes to other things, but when it comes to academics, shit just hits the fan. I can’t seem to focus when it comes to school work. I will do anything to avoid it. I will even clean, and I do not clean.

What is your favorite quote or motto?

I don’t actually have one! I haven’t ever thought about it. I was re-watching Spice World the other day, and there is a scene where Mel B. asks their manager “Where are the bacon butties?”, and that is me! I could easily eat only those for the rest of my life.