Furious 7: The Movie Driving the Nation Wild

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.
Making $173 million opening weekend (and a total of three weeks at #1 in the box office), Fast & Furious 7, filled with action, comedy and jaw-dropping moments, is a box office must-see! If you are not a fan of the movie series and haven’t been following the Fast & Furious crew throughout the six – now seven- movie journey, I suggest watching the previous movies before going to the theatres this weekend. Rather than keeping you at the edge of the seat, leaving you wanting more, the film keeps you pushed back in your chair in fear of the events to come.

The producers of Furious 7 do a good job of having both anticipation and adrenaline pumping through your veins at all times. With cars parachuting out of airplanes and large masses propelling through glass windows, the movie sets new levels for the action movie industry. From the cast of Fast & Furious 6, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, made an expected return. The character of Dominic Toretto’s (Vin Diesel) companion, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez), also makes a return, battling her memory loss due to a car accident in Fast & Furious 4. The barrier maintains the steamy romance between the two throughout the film.

When it comes to the tragedy of Paul Walker, fans are lining up to see how the producers finish the film without the blue-eyed beauty. An eye-watering tribute was incorporated in the movie for the late Paul Walker with a touching quote from Vin Diesel that reads:

“No matter where you are. Whether it’s a quarter mile away or halfway across the world, you’ll always be with me. And you’ll always be my brother.”

The tribute created an international hashtag (#ForPaul) and is leaving theaters across the country in tears. The death of the star stirs up millions of questions for the fans. Will Walker’s character, Brian O’Connor, have to die in the movie? Will this be the end of the Fast & Furious series? Find out this week at a local movie theater! Head to the Regal Cinemas at Ballston between Monday and Thursday for your student discounts. Meanwhile, the AMC Hoffman in Alexandria, VA offers discounts on Thursdays. Make being a college kid worth it and check out what all the rave is about!