This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

1. Denial

Right about now, finals week is just far away enough for you to not have to acknowledge just how close it really is. Taking that 4 hour nap seems like a fantastic idea. Your friends want to go on a bar crawl? Hell yeah, you’re going! Finals aren’t even on your radar.

2. Anger

So now you’ve realized that finals week is actually a bit closer than you thought, and you’re pissed that you took that last shot of Patrón because you need to get your butt to the library and study. Why did you take that nap the other day? You have 3 projects due on the same day of that term paper. Overwhelming emotion break down in 3, 2, 1…

3. Bargaining

Buddha? Jesus? Vishnu? At this point you’ll sell your soul to the devil if that means you will get all of this work done, have time to study, and more importantly… sleep. Unluckily for you, this problem cannot be solved by simply moving it somewhere else.

4.  Depression

It’s all sunk in now. You wasted all of your time freaking out about finals and they’re actually closer than you thought. The books and papers are stacked up all around you, and it’s just too much to handle right now. Just go ahead and cry yourself to sleep tonight. Hopefully it’ll be better in the morning. 

5. Acceptance

There’s no more denying it, finals are practically here and you might as well  be well prepared for them. So crack open your textbook for the first time, find a nice quite place, and get to it. The sooner you start, the sooner it will be over and the summer festivities will commence!

Eat Responsibly

My name is Nicole and I am a sophomore Psychology major at Marymount University. I love reading, writing, playing instruments, and keeping it real is my thing. So, if you need someone to keep it 100 I'm your girl. I was born and raised in Northern Virginia by two loving parents. I have two...decent older brothers and two dogs who are my whole life.I am currently located in Florence, Italy which has so far truly been an unforgettable experience!!!