Everything’s Coming Up Roses: Rosie O’Connor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Name: Rosie O’Connor

Year: Senior

Major: Communication, with a PR focus, with a Business minor.

Club and Organizations: ACE, Peer Mentor, RA, Marymount Actor’s Guild, Blue Harmony, and Music Ministry.

Hobbies: I like reading, Netflix totally counts as a hobby, cooking, swing dancing, acting, and baking.

What is your favorite part of being a Student Leader?

Watching an event you planned happen, and watching the reactions to the event. The reactions help with the planning of the next event. I also like watching the classes behind me grow, because you see the people around you fill the positions around them, and you see change.

Why did you choose Marymount?

Initially, for financial reasons. If you’d asked me my freshman year, I was going to leave. It was a one year, and I’m out thing. And now its senior year, and I am here. I got involved, and fell in love.

What is your favorite part of Marymount?

The people. It’s why I stay.

What is a day in the life of Rosie O’Connor?

The alarm goes off, I spend five minutes reading the Skimm. Then I check Twitter for more news. Then I get dressed and go to class. After that I go to a meeting or two for ehichever event I am helping with. Eat at sometime, go to another class, try to squeeze an episode of the West Wing in, and then I go to rehearsal or an event. And then bedtime.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Hopefully, somewhere employed. With healthcare. And happy. And with a 401k.

What is you most memorable moment at MU?

That’s hard. That’s really hard! This is memorable for a ridiculous reason: Freshman year at Dancing with The MU Stars.  Vincent had three of us sing “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy”, and there was a volcano in the gym. There were all these lights and sounds that made it look like it was erupting, and then Vincent cames out to do a Paso Doble. I looked around, and everyone is on their feet cheering, and it was total unexpected craziness. And I realized, “This is really cool. crazy, stupid, and ridiculous, but everyone around me is into it.” It was the moment I realized you have to buy into the cheese of the institution you’re at. Drink the Kool aid, and bite the cheese.

What is your biggest takeaway from Marymount?

You’re never too big for the small things.

What is your dream job, and how do you plan to get there?

There are too many dreams! Right now I am looking at grad programs for Student Affairs. But I am at a point where I want something different everyday.

What is your motto or quote to live by?

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”-Eleanor Roosevelt.

Image Credit: Rosie O’Connor