This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Dear Coffee,

I’m not very good at expressing my feelings, especially the sappy, lovey dovey ones that are the foundation of every chick flick under the sun. However, for you, I will try my best. You see, I’ve always been told that if you love someone, you should tell them every day. So that’s what I’m doing now. I’m letting you know just how much I love you, and how much I appreciate everything you do for me. You have never failed me, never let me down or broken my heart. It’s not easy for me to open up and love, I’ve been hurt too many times before. With you, however, it’s different. I know, deep in my soul, that I can trust you with anything, and that no matter what you will take care of me.

I fell in love with you when I was just a new teenager, not even in high school yet. From the first time I ever saw you, I knew you would change my entire life, even if I didn’t realize what a crucial part you would play in it. It was then that I truly believed in love at first sight. It’s a deep kind of love, one that spreads- hot and charged- all throughout my body, from my fingertips, down to my toes, and everything in between. I feel your love, caressing me, protecting me and loving me every second of the day.

You are the most important thing in my life. Everything revolves around you, every decision I make is made with you in mind. You are the last thing I think about when I go to sleep each night, and the sole reason I wake up in the morning. You have made me a morning person, I am excited to begin each day as soon as the sun comes up and kisses my face, because I know that as soon as I put my feet on the floor, I am a mere 23 steps away from your warm embrace. I want you, all of you, forever and always. Morning, noon or night, it doesn’t make any difference to me.

I’m not the same when I’m away from you. I’m cold, and fidgety, and irritable. All I can do is think about you, how much I miss you and count down the seconds until I can be with you again. I want you to be with me all the time, right at my fingertips ready for my love.  My body aches for you, in severe physical pain if I don’t see you enough each day. I know it seems a little pathetic, to be so dependent on something like I depend on you, but I can’t help it. I’m addicted to you, to your love, your touch, your smell… everything about you does something for me. I can’t even begin to express the love I hold for you in my heart. Some people would call it an unhealthy addiction, and try to separate us, but our love it stronger than that. Nothing can keep me from you.

I could keep going on and on about the butterflies you give me, or the electricity I feel when I touch you, and so on, but I want to try and keep this letter as clean as I can. Just know that no matter how many years pass by, no matter how many wrinkles line my face, or how many other loves walk in and out of my life, you will always be my favorite love. The most important love, the one who is always there for me, no matter what. I appreciate you for everything you are, and everything you do.

Faithfully yours, forever and always,

A Collegiette on a Blissful Coffee High