California Girl: Bella Blecha

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Name: Bella Blecha

[Photo Credit: Bella Blecha]

Year: Junior

Major: Politics, with a psychology minor

Hometown: Walnut Creek, CA. It’s right outside San Francisco.

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m the purchasing student assistant, the executive director of MARYthon, a senator for SGA, the president of College Democrats, a Peer Mentor, and I also swim on the swim team.

Hobbies: Sleeping… napping is really number one. I also like crafting and exploring DC.

Why did you choose Marymount?

I wanted to go far away for college, and DC was one of the places I was looking at. They gave me a really nice scholarship, so I just went for it!

What is your favorite thing about Marymount?

My favorite thing to do is walk around campus, and say hi to the people I know. It makes me feel like I know a lot of people.

Why do like being a student leader?

When I was a freshman I really looked up to the student leaders. I think the things student leaders do are really cool, and how different their personalities are. They come together to create a community. I really like being able to shape someone’s journey through college.

What is a typical day in the life of Bella Blecha?

So I wake up at 6:26, and go to swim practice for 2 hours, then I sneak in some breakfast. Depending on the day, I can sneak in a nap. I go to class where I am a peer mentor. And then more class. I have a mid-afternoon nap, and then I watch Scandal religiously, and then I go to bed. 

Where do you see yourself in five years?

In five years, I hope to have worked up to some political office in DC. I also would like to go back to California, maybe the Santa Barbara area or Southern California, making my way up the political ranks.

What do you think will be your biggest takeaway from your time at MU?

Learning how to cooperate to get something done. There are so many majors and personalities, and so many different styles of working, and I have really learned how to work with a lot of different types of people.

What has been your most memorable moment at Marymount?

I have two. One was freshman year at conference and I won a medal. The second was at MARYthon, and I saw how Marymount can come together for such an awesome cause. 

What is your dream job and how do you plan on getting it?

I have multiple dream jobs. One of them would be governor of California. And I would do anything, as long as I do not lose my integrity. I also want to be a California Senator, a campaign manager, and the President. #Isabella2040

What is your favorite quote or motto?

“Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see it”. I also like “If you think you can or think you can’t, you’re probably right.”