9 Activities to Do with Your BFFs this Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Valentine’s day may have been designed for couples, but Galentines day is all about YOU and your BFFs. Spend the day with your girls, rejoice in your freedom as a single lady, and celebrate your friendships. Here are 9 activities you can enjoy this Galentines day weekend.

1. Have a baking party.

Make little cakes and cookies with pink icing and sprinkles. Treat yourself!

2.  See a chick flick.

“How to Be Single” comes out Galentines day weekend. If you prefer to stay home, indulge in some classics like Mean Girls or Clueless.

3. Cuddle with cats.

The Cat Café in DC is the place to be if you and your besties are animal lovers. Enjoy a date with your perfect kitty-cat match at Crumbs and Whiskers.

4. Go to a dance party.

Dance the night away with your girls and toast to the single life. Try the Rock n’ Roll dance party at the Black Cat in DC.

5. Enjoy painting & wine tasting.

Indulge in fine wines and art with your bff this G-day weekend. Try Merlot’s Art or Uncorkdart in DC.

6. Go ice skating.

Enjoy some time outdoors. Get some fresh air and goof around on the ice with your girls. Try the sculpture garden rink in DC.

7.  Go on a shopping spree.

Hit up all your favorite stores and try on anything and everything. Buy something that makes you feel fabulous!

8. Have a fancy dinner.

Reserve a table just for the ladies and treat yourself to all your favorites.

9. Have a spa day.

Get your nails done or enjoy a massage to relax & de-stress with your BFFs.

Growing up in a free-spirited family, Amanda was always interested in the arts, whether it was writing, painting or making movies with her friends. She is a graphic design major who has a passion for fashion, film, and all things fantasy. After graduating from University she plans on pursuing a career in design, and to continue writing for pleasure (or profit!).