This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Because your skin is your body’s largest organ and absorbs about 80% of what you put on it, it is essential that your beauty products are both safe and effective. No more drugstore brands with harsh chemical additives and sulfates! It’s time to treat yourself and honor the earth by using natural, cruelty-free products that make your skin as healthy and radiant as can be. You deserve it.

1.     Well People

Adored by celebrities and beauty gurus alike, Well People has been featured in Marie Claire, Elle, Vogue, and Allure.  They carry all natural and organic makeup, including their best-selling foundations, concealers, and lipsticks. Start by purchasing one of their value kits, containing full-sized products designed to create a complete look that fits your style and complexion.

2.     Lili Lolo

A beautiful mineral makeup line, Lili Lolo carries fantastic eyeshadow palettes and makeup brush kits. Their products are free of any parabens, synthetic perfumes or dyes, and are suitable for all skin types. Try their highly reviewed mascara or purchase a complexion palette for all-over flawless looking skin.

3.     French Girl Organics

This little Etsy-shop-that-could is making waves in the natural beauty industry with their handmade organic vegan products. Only available online through high-end natural retailers like beauty habit, their luxurious moisturizers, body-polishes, and perfumes are also available through their original Etsy shop. Start by trying their samples to find which items are your favorite.

4.     Coola

The ultimate brand for healthy, cruelty-free suncare, Coola’s daily SPF creams and BB creams are absolute heaven. They are silky smooth and absorb into your skin so seamlessly you would think it is magic. Purchase a spray for complete body coverage in the summer months after-sun recovery lotion for any burns you might get while hanging at the beach.

5.     Eve Hansen

If you are low on funds, Eve Hansen is a great line from Amazon to transform dull or tired skin into a healthy glow. Her organic and pure serums and oils have brilliant reviews and are a steal for the quality they promise. Try the rose water spray as a toner or quick hydrator, and the hyaluronic acid for smoother, tighter skin tone.

Growing up in a free-spirited family, Amanda was always interested in the arts, whether it was writing, painting or making movies with her friends. She is a graphic design major who has a passion for fashion, film, and all things fantasy. After graduating from University she plans on pursuing a career in design, and to continue writing for pleasure (or profit!).