4 Valentine’s Day Date Ideas to Remember

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

So, Valentine’s Day is coming up. Do you and your date have a plan? Women shouldn’t expect their man to plan every single date to a tee. No lady truly likes the idea of chivalry being dead, but relationships are a two way street. State your opinion on specifically what you would like to do this Valentine’s Day. Your date will appreciate it. And who knows? He may even still surprise you.

Here are some DC area based date ideas for you and your Valentine. They are likely to give you both butterflies. Romance will be in the air.

1.) Jam to live music.

Do you want to rock out? Go out on the town and see a show. Let your body shimmy and shake, as you vibe to the musical stylings of unique artists. Dance with your valentine, and create a night to remember. Personally, I love Jammin Java in Vienna. Other top local venues include, The Black Cat and 9:30 Club, both of which are in the District and attract a younger crowd. For the serious dancers, try Clarendon Ballroom or Glen Echo Ballroom. At Glen Echo, you get the bang for your buck because a dance lesson is offered. Be sure to take pictures when you go out!

2.) Dinner for two

Time to make a love connection? Gaze into your lovebug’s eyes across the table at a fantastic restaurant.

Jose Gil-Figueroa, a senior health sciences major, recommends Chasing Tails on Lee Highway. The restaurant is in close proximity to Marymount’s main campus. While the restaurant is a bit expensive, he says that the seafood there is high-quality.

Pablo Bergara, a junior criminal justice major, recommends Amphora in Vienna. One of the major benefits of Amphora is that those who dine there can order anything they desire. The menu is diverse. Amphora also has a welcoming, diner-like atmosphere. The price range is reasonable for a college student.

Other great options in Northern Virginia recommended by Marymount guys: Big Buns (Arlington), Bayou Café (Arlington), Pulcinella Italian Host (Mclean)

3.) Take a walk in the park.

Do you like deep talks and long walks? Some of the best conversations I’ve had with guys on dates have taken place as we were walking in the park. This kind of date is a fan favorite for me. One of the most romantic places I can think of for a stroll is Meadowlark Gardens in Vienna. The vegetation is pleasing to the eyes, and luckily for collegiettes, there are developed stone pathways. So, you can wear heels, a major score! For those who are intrigued by the idea of a high energy hike, try Great Falls Park or Scott’s Run Nature Preserve. The endorphins will flow with a cardio workout. Both locations overlook the Potomac River. Be sure to bundle up, in case of the weather being chilly.

4.) Have a casual movie night at home.

Are you down to chill? Try a sweetie’s night in. A movie at home means that you don’t have to worry about the people behind you in the theatre telling you to be quiet. You can laugh as loudly as you want to and make side-comments. This low-key date is completely free of charge, with the exception of the optional price of takeout. Or, you can cook dinner with your man. How romantic, and low budget! The conversations will also flow more freely in a private setting. The two of you can really connect. As the saying goes, money can’t buy you love. And naturally, you two can still dress up, even if it’s just for each other.

There you have it, folks! Get creative this Valentine’s Day, and have fun. Whether it’s a first, second, or hundredth date, these ideas are bound to spur the sparks to fly.

@julitacardenas