15 Amazing Places You Need to Visit Before You Leave Marymount

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

There are literally thousands of places to visit in the greater Washington, D.C. area and one of the many benefits of going to Marymount is that we have easy access to so many of them. Here are 15 amazing places to visit before you finish your Marymount career!

1. Washington, D.C.’s Museums/Monuments

Bet you didn’t see this one coming did you? Seriously, the museums in D.C. never get old and there are so many to choose from! Here are some favorites:

2Georgetown Cupcake (Georgetown)

This famous cupcakery has its own TV show and is known for having incredibly long lines. Try to go on a weekday where the tourists may be scarcer, or order your cupcakes online ahead of time and skip the line!

3Kramerbooks & Afterwords Café (NW Washington, D.C.)

A bookshop AND a café? Perfection.

4. Bob & Edith’s Diner (Arlington, VA)

This 24-hour diner provides the ultimate comfort food anytime you need it, or you know, even if you don’t.

5. 9:30 Club (NW Washington, D.C.)

This is an amazing place to see live music from bands and singers on their rise to fame. (For more places to see live music check out this post!)

6. District Taco (Arlington, VA & NW Washington, D.C.)

Literally all you need to do is read the reviews here to be convinced that this is your new favorite place.

7. Gravelly Point Park (Arlington, VA)

This park is right next to Regan National Airport and houses a trail to run, ride bikes, or, ya know, rollerblade. Since it is next to the airport, planes land and take off right over your head which makes for an exciting day out.

8. District of Pi (NW Washington, D.C.)

This is one of my absolute favorite places to get pizza. The atmosphere is so unique and fun, and the pizza is crazy delicious!

9.  Java Shack (Arlington, VA)

This coffee shop has many selections of coffee drinks to choose from and has all the local charm that is Arlington.

10. Metro 29 Diner (Arlington, VA)

This diner is just down the road from Marymount and it is a favorite of mine when I have a craving for late night sundaes or breakfast food. They also have an assortment of pastries, cakes, and desserts that are just too good to pass up!

11. Crumbs Bake Shop (Various Locations in Washington, D.C.)

This shop is known for its huge and delicious cupcakes with so many flavors to choose from! There are a few locations in D.C., check them out!

12. Ice Skating at the Sculpture Garden (NW Washington, D.C.)

The National Gallery of Art holds an ice skating rink in the sculpture garden. Skating while taking in the wondrous sights holds a whole new definition of beauty.

13. Northside Social Coffee & Wine (Arlington, VA)

This quaint coffee shop is known for their wide selection of coffee, pastries, and wine/beer. It is a perfect place to sip on their assortment of beverages and grab an early lunch while working on homework, reading a book, or having a conversation with a friend.

14. Old Town Alexandria

With its rich history and breathtaking sights, this needs to be one of your destinations to take beautiful pictures and visit a few of the historical sights.

15. The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City (Arlington, VA)

This gorgeous mall is easily accessible by metro and the shopping possibilities are endless. The structure causes light to pour from the glass over your head and illuminates the place to a new kind of beauty.