Valentine’s Day is a holiday that you either love or hate, yet it isn’t all about romantic love, candy hearts and pink balloons. It is a day of reflection, to calm down from all the stresses of life and just enjoy loved ones. I know, I know, you should do that more often than just one day, yet Valentine’s Day is a day that’s dedicated to it. So when you’re spending time with the ones you cherish, whether its friends, family or your significant other, here are some song ideas to get you in the spirit- no matter what your view on Valentine’s Day is.
1. “Kiss me”- Ed Sheeran
- Ed Sheeran is one of those singers that just make you want to fall in love. This song isn’t any different. If you don’t have a Valentine, make Ed part of your playlist and just fall in love with his voice
2. “Check Yes or No”- George Strait
- This country classic personifies how young love can grow into something beautiful.
3. “Forever and Always”- Parachute
- If you need a good cry, this song is for you. It speaks of true love amongst tragedy and will hit you right in the feels.
4. “For You”- Keith Urban
- This one is for the troops serving our country. To forget about your own needs and even your own life is a selfless love and it speaks volumes through this song as it describes a soldier “laying down his life for love”.
5. “I Really Don’t Care”- Demi Lovato ft. Cher Lloyd
- This song is for all the girls who have been wronged by someone they thought they loved. Blast this with your girls and just forget about the pain they caused you. Because, you really don’t care, right?
6. “Hey Pretty Girl”- Kip Moore
- Whether you are or aren’t in love, this song will warm your heart and cause you to bask in the glow of Kip Moore’s sweet words.
7. “I Want Crazy”- Hunter Hayes
- In one of Hunter Hayes’ newest songs, he sings of a love that is far from perfect. The true definition of love is crazy. Amen to that.
8. “What is Love?”- Haddaway
- Oh the eternal question. How can we know if someone really loves us if they hurt us? With this classic song, you won’t be able to help singing along.
9. “If I Didn’t Have You”- Thompson Square
- Do you have someone you feel that you can’t live without? Whether it is your family, best friend, pet, or significant other, if you didn’t have them, life just wouldn’t be the same.
10. “Red”- Taylor Swift
- Ah, Miss Swift. Love her or hate her, this song tugs at the pure emotions of loving someone, corresponding a color to what each stage of love and loss feels like. Of course, love is red- burning red.
11. & 12. “The Truth about Love” and “True Love”- P!nk
- Both of these are gems. They’re hilarious and they each show us the true meaning of love including “morning breath” and how you can hate and love someone at the same time. No fluff, all truth.
13. “I Don’t Wanna Be in Love” – Good Charlotte
- Sometimes…. love sucks. Good Charlotte’s power-rock anthem just makes you want to dance and scream out all of your frustrations. Rock on.
14. “Friday I’m in Love”- The Cure
- I’m sure you remember this song from “back in the day”. Not only is it catchy, but Valentine’s Day is on Friday this year making this the ultimate V-Day spirit.