Life > Experiences

12 Cute Date Ideas This Season… With Your Girlfriends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Listen up y’all, cuffing season is officially upon us. I have never been one to follow any trends or go along with the cultural and societal norms, but I can see why this is the season to try and nab someone to stick with during the cold nights. This is the perfect time of year to have a significant other to do cutesy things with and cuddle up on next to a warm fire with a cup of hot cocoa and a nice blanket and flannel and beanie… (whoa, lost my train of thought in that day dream there!)

In all seriousness though, it’s the time of year to do cute stuff, but you don’t need a boyfriend to be able to do those things. All you need is your best girlfriends and a cute pair of shoes (for all the couple pictures you’ll be taking on your dates). Here is MY list of cute date ideas for best friends, feel free to steal some ideas… but I expect an invite. 

1.  Bonfire and S’mores…

What’s cuter than cuddling up next to your favorite people and singing campfire songs with marshmallows oozing over your chocolate and graham crackers? Nothing. Literally nothing.

2.  Go for a Drive…

Load up into your car, make sure you have bangin’ road trip CDs to jam out to, and head out to Skyline Drive for some of the most beautiful scenery in all of Virginia.

3.  Explore a new town…

Walk around, pretend to be someone else, go into the shops, eat some lunch, make some friends and just wander.

4.  Stargaze…

Find a soft grassy spot, shut off all the lights, lose the cell phones, and hold hands with your soulmates while discussing the vastness of the universe or the possibility of destiny or the color of your toe nails… Whatever it is, just do it under the stars.

5.  Build a fort…

This goes with the following idea, but build a rad little blanket fort, make yourselves some coffee, put on some fuzzy socks, turn on Hallmark movies and snuggle up the whole day.

6.  Make cookies…

Obviously. You can’t have a lazy Sunday in a blanket fort without cookies. That’s just sacrilege.

7.  Picnic…

Pack a cute little basket and blanket, make sandwiches and cakes and cookies and grab a bottle of sangria, head out to the park and settle down in the sunshine.

8. Ice Skating…

The absolute cutest of cute winter dates. Holding hands, laughing, falling, ugh. Adorable. Go down to the river bank in Georgetown, after stopping by Dean&Deluca for Chai Tea Lattes, and head to the rink there, with twinkle lights and Christmas trees, it’s truly magical.

9.  Spa night…

Pamper yourselves, go ahead girl. Get your hair done, your nails fixed, your eyebrows waxed, back massaged, whatever you feel is necessary to feel like the queen you are.

10.  Visit the National Christmas Tree…

Tis the season?

11.  Pick out Christmas trees…

Get hot chocolate and spend hours walking around inspecting the trees before choosing the perfect one to bring home.

12.  Decorate for Christmas together…

Turn on Bing Crosby songs, string some lights, light some sugar cookie candles, drag out your tree ornaments and spend the whole night transforming your dorm room, apartment or home into a winter wonderland.

If you have a boyfriend to do these super hella cute activities with, then good for you (AKA I hate you), but for the rest of us who are in the single-ladies-forever-alone-future-cat-ladies-of-America-club (reminder: don’t forget about our club meeting this Thursday, ladies!) grab some of your best girlfriends, get yourselves lookin’ all cute, snap some pictures worthy of the #RelationshipGoals tab on Instagram and treat yourself.