10 (Vegan!) Holiday Dessert Recipes to Die For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

When I became a vegan, facing the holidays was a scary thought. What was I going to eat at Thanksgiving? Christmas? As an official sugar addict the prospect of missing out on Christmas cookies and chocolate cakes was a nightmare. Fortunately for me, and for you, there are plenty of vegan dessert recipes that are just as good (if not, better) than regular dessert recipes.

So without further ado let’s get down to the sweet stuff. Here are 10 DELICIOUS vegan holiday recipes to die for.

1. Apple Pie Cheesecake from Allyson Kramer

Gluten Free AND Vegan perfection. The goodness of apple pie and amazingness of cheesecake in one? I think yes.

2.  Sugar Cookies from Yummy Mummy Kitchen

These cookies look absolutely stunning and delectable. You might need to invite some girlfriends over ASAP to make these.

3. Peppermint Black Bean Brownies from Minimalist Baker

Besides the fact that these look oh so heavenly, they are also healthy and packed with protein from black beans. It may sound weird but it will taste so good!

4.  Gingerbread Cupcakes from It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken

Your favorite holiday cookie gets transformed into a cupcake! Can it get any better? That spiced icing looks so creamy!

5. Snowball Cookies from The Pretty Bee

Otherwise known as Russian tea cakes, these cookies have a buttery shortbread-like texture and just melt in your mouth. Exactly like a snowball!

6. Baked Pears with Honey, Cranberries and Pecans from This Girl Cooks

For a warm and healthy holiday treat, try these luxurious baked pears. A hearty, savory after dinner snack to keep you satisfied.

7. Salted Caramel Pretzel Snaps from Oh, Sweet Basil

These pretzels are a super easy snack to make for a holiday party or potluck. A lot of the ingredients are pre-made so you can choose your own favorite brand of chocolate or caramel.

8. Paleo Peppermint Patties from Worth Every Chew

These peppermint patties are raw, paleo, gluten-free, and vegan! It doesn’t get any healthier or tastier than this!

9. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies from Keepin it Kind

Who knew red velvet could take the shape of a cookie? These sugary babies look addictive. I want them all. 

10. Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake from Namely Marley

Last but not least is this AMAZING pumpkin cheesecake. Creamy and smooth cheesecake and hearty, delicious, pumpkin with caramel sauce may just be the best thing to happen… ever.

Growing up in a free-spirited family, Amanda was always interested in the arts, whether it was writing, painting or making movies with her friends. She is a graphic design major who has a passion for fashion, film, and all things fantasy. After graduating from University she plans on pursuing a career in design, and to continue writing for pleasure (or profit!).