Youtube Sensation Dom Mazetti Hosts Cinco de Mayo at The Barking Dog

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Dom Mazzetti, famous YouTube icon of Dom Mazzetti vs. ______ videos, is hosting a Cinco de Mayo party at the Barking Dog this upcoming Saturday night, May 5th, 2012.

Cinco De Mayo, an event put on by Keyvan and RoshD Entertainment, will began accepting people at the door at 10:00pm and lasts until 2:30am. Open to anyone 21 and older, cover will be 10 dollars. It is expected to be a sold out event so early admittance is encouraged.

Junior communication major Olivia Didion said, “I can’t wait for Cinco de Mayo! Everyone knows who he is now. His videos are hilarious and I think it will be a lot of fun and attract a big crowd.”

Route One Apparel is advertising a special with RoshD Entertainment with an exclusive of buying the official Dom Mazzetti Cinco de Mayo shirt for 15 dollars, and getting access to drink specials, express entry, and VIP access. Their link to the t-shirt is: http://routeoneapparel.com/products/partnerships/dommazzetti/

Music will be provided by Stim, Mebaa Braha, Concrete Ankeet and Dj Dave, with more acts expected to be announced closer to the event. The Barking Dog, Mike & Gian Comedy, RouteOneApparel.com, UMD Sneaker Cartel, Iranian Students’ Foundation, and Moby Dick House of Kabob are sponsoring the event.

Mike Tornabene, more famously known as Dom Mazzetti, and Gian Hunjan are childhood friends and comedy writers from New Jersey who collaborate to create the now famous Dom Mazzetti series.

With a YouTube channel of 104, 619 subscribers and 25, 451, 675 video views as of April 28, 2012, the Dom Mazzetti videos have quickly became popular with college students and everyone alike. Some of their most famous videos of mocking different topics and people include Dom Mazzetti vs. Meatheads, Dom Mazzetti vs. Finals, and Dom Mazzetti vs. Drunk Girls. Their You Tube page is http://www.youtube.com/dommazzetti

Along with the Dom Mazzetti series, their website also has a series called “The Intern” as well as ten sketches.

Other bars in College Park are expected to also hold events for Cinco de Mayo as well. Sophomore kinesiology major Chris Ratchko said, “He is a funny guy but I don’t see him as the type of celebrity that one would change their plans to go see. I’m sure he’ll be entertaining but I will probably end up at Cornerstone or Bentley’s.”