jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why We Can’t Stop Watching Corinne on “The Bachelor” (And Secretly Want to be Her)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Maybe we watch Corinne Olympios on the The Bachelor to stay in the loop when someone mentions her latest antics. Maybe we do it because we just can’t believe what we’re actually seeing. Or maybe, while making us feel slightly better about our own life decisions, she simultaneously inspires us to want to follow her lead.

Here are the top five reasons we can’t stop watching Corinne’s train wreck escapades on The Bachelor, and why we all secretly want to be her.

1. She’s Mega-Confident

Most of the women who end up competing for one man’s heart on national television don’t submit themselves to the show—or at least they don’t admit it. Corinne did both.

She had no shame admitting that she took it upon herself to get on this season of The Bachelor, and found success in doing so.

In what is quite possibly the best, if not most memorable, quote to ever come out of an episode of The Bachelor, Corinne boasted, “My heart is gold, but my vagine is platinum.” So confident her sex abilities that she told the hold world, Corinne holds nothing back. She’s not ashamed of who she is, and she certainly isn’t shy about it.

Corinne’s self-confidence may be shocking, but it’s also inspiring. In a world where self-esteem so often suffers, watching this 24-year-old put herself on a platform is a refreshing change. It may even inspire us to stop putting ourselves down and find what makes us platinum.

2. She’s Ultra Competitive

Corinne is in it to win it, and by it, she mean’s Nick’s heart.

“I’m not a runner-up,” she said (right before talking about her platinum parts). She’s proven that she’ll do whatever it takes to get to the next round in the show. In her aggressive pursuit of her man, she’s not afraid to make a few enemies of the other contestants, many of whom have already vocalized their disdain for the party girl.

An especially big blow came during this season’s group date wedding photo shoot. After seeing one of the other girls pose topless with Nick, Corinne was quick to strip out of her bikini top in the pool. She proved she’s willing to do anything it takes to steal Nick’s heart, one rose at a time.

3. She’s Independently Successful

Corinne doesn’t need Nick to bring home the bacon in their relationship. As an online business mogul, Corinne makes her money working for her father’s company ArmorGarage Inc., a multi-million-dollar business.

While she’s never been exceptionally specific in what exactly she does, we know she works in sales for the company and, even better, is able to do all of her work online. The fact that she’s able to work from home every day while helping to run a business is enough to make most of us jealous. Hello pajama pants!

As if working for her family’s super successful company wasn’t enough, Corinne also models and acts. Her biggest roles have been in music videos alongside Akon, DJ Khaled and Juicy J. She’s also done work for a Nike campaign.

So, even if she doesn’t get the ring at the end of the season, we have a feeling she’ll be just fine.

4. She Has Standards

While Corinne may have submitted herself for the show, she isn’t down with just any old bachelor.

According to her biography for the show, she wouldn’t date someone who was full of themself. She’s also admitted that a relationship with Nick wouldn’t last unless he was supportive of her, hands-on in the relationship and caring. Oh, and any man of hers has to love dogs, because she has three of them.

Aside from that, she’s not a fan of smoking, excessive drinkers or men who won’t return any of her calls. But hey, who is?

5. She Has a Nanny

Not only does she live in her parents’ house in Miami, but Corinne has a nanny. While we might scoff because she has someone to bring her peeled and chopped cucumbers in a bowl, we have to admit: we’re jealous.

Corinne’s nanny, Raquel, has been with the Olympios family for 18 years. The term “nanny” is used out of respect, according to this bachelorette, because housekeeper or maid would be insulting. Besides, how many maids make their heiresses cheese pasta while they manage their multi-million dollar company’s sales from a laptop?

While keeping Raquel around may be slightly over the top, there are a few important people who don’t seem to mind. The Bachelor host Chris Harrison called Corinne his “spirit animal,” referencing not only her antics, but also her nanny as a reason he can’t help but love and envy her.

Even the bachelor himself admitted that although the concept set off red flags at first, he too could see the benefits to having a nanny around.

While it’s still too early to predict Corinne’s fate, she already has America hanging on her every move. In time, maybe she’ll even win over Nick.

Rebecca is a sophomore journalism student at the University of Maryland.She is a staff writer for Her Campus and Unwind magazine, a UMD publication. Originally from Pittsburgh, she is a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team.  She hopes to go into feature writing after graduation.