Where to Find the Perfect Ugly Holiday Sweaters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It’s that time of year again! Halloween is over, which means that it’s time to mentally skip Thanksgiving (don’t worry, we’ll still be stuffing our faces during break) and fast-forward our focus to the holiday season! While it might seem premature to start thinking about what to wear to all of those ugly sweater parties you’re bound to get invited to, it turns out it’s not easy to find the perfect ugly sweater at the perfect price. Here are some major Do’s and Don’ts to help guide your search.

• DO: check your favorite store’s website first. You’ll be surprised to find that they probably have some variation of the ugly Christmas sweater you’re looking for!

Forever 21: $27.99

Abercrombie: $68.00

• DON’T: be afraid of the men’s section! Pair your over-sized ugly sweater with leggings and you’ll be set!

Aeropostale: $25.00

Aeropostale: $25.00

• DO: Try a Google search – but be careful! Make sure the website is reliable.

TipseyElves.com: $64.95

• DON’T: Forget department stores like JCPenney, Macy’s, or even Kohl’s!

Kohl’s: $28.00

JCPenny: $29.99

• DO: Get in the holiday spirit, regardless of whether you actually celebrate Christmas or not! 

UglyChristmasSweater.com: $49.99

UglyChristmasSweater.com: $49.99

Unsuccessfully trying to be serious since 1997 Josh Lyman is my spirit animal Philip Merrill College of Journalism, UMD 2019