Career

What’s the Latest App that Brings You Quick Cash?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Between balancing academics, clubs and social life, finding time for a job can be challenging while at school. Luckily, the job of a brand ambassador or campus director doesn’t take up much of your time and is beneficial for you, and the company you are working for.

goPuff, a delivery app and an on-demand convenience store that delivers to your front doorstep, has a great brand ambassador program, that I am a part of myself, but have also helped others become a part of too. 

Let me tell you how it works and how you too can become a brand ambassador for them in the College Park area!

Picture credit to Monika Gerber

The goPuff Crew’s goal is to introduce goPuff to as many people as possible. As an ambassador for them, you are gaining not only an income but crew perks, which include some goPuff swag and credit. You are also gaining great marketing experience. In order to get paid, you must produce content on your social media, specifically Instagram. 

Picture credit to Lala

So, here are the steps. 

One must always include a tag to @gopuff, add the hashtag #gopuffcrew and include the personal code you are given once you become an ambassador. When you have your own code any new user of goPuff can use it for $10 off their first purchase. The post also must include either yourself in goPuff swag, with a goPuff bag or with products from the goPuff app. 

Darya Aliakabar, a senior at the University of Maryland and goPuff brand ambassador spoke with us about her role. “Being a brand ambassador for goPuff isn’t just an easy way to make cash, but super fun, too,” she said. “Using social media to promote the brand is very accessible and allows for creativity. Plus, who doesn’t love some free snacks?”

As mentioned, there is also a position of being a campus director. Lindsay Borrow, the Brand Ambassador, and Influencer Marketing Manager, oversees many of the brand ambassadors and directors for college campuses and is a point of contact for them. The role of the campus director is very important. 

“goPuff currently has over 900 ambassadors in the 200+ schools,” she said. “We aren’t able to make that personal connection with all of our ambassadors, unfortunately. The Campus Director will be directly reporting to HQ and relaying all information to the ambassadors on their campus.”

Picture credit to Emma Vazquez

“In addition, you will be creating new local marketing tactics on your campus and getting as many new people to use the app as possible,” Borrow said. 

There is also a base pay for this position as well, which can be further disclosed once an application is submitted and accepted. 

If this sounds like something that would interest you, the application is linked here.

Join the crew today!

Margot Biamon

Maryland '21

Hi! I’m Margot, I’m a journalism major here at UMD and I am a pasta enthusiast