sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What Your Bikini Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Summer is slowly approaching us. You know what that means. That’s right… no school, endless nights with friends, tan skin, and vacations! Chances are the majority of us will be dipping our toes in the ocean and taking in the sun in our favorite bikinis. We all love a good swimsuit and usually have a couple of favorite bikinis stocked up in our closets. But what does your favorite bikini say about the type of person you are? Your fashion statements reflect your personality.

Daring and Different

If you find yourself wearing a bikini like this one or any type of bikini that isn’t the type of suit you see every day, you’re definitely a very confident person. You are the type of a person that does not making bold statements. You don’t care what others will think about your outfits. You are often looking to do something that is different yet spunky.

Cute but Classy

For a while one-piece bathing suits seemed to have gone out of style. But they are slowly making a comeback. One-pieces like the one below  are perfect for those beach days where you don’t want to let all your goodies hang out. There is nothing wrong with covering up. A stylish one piece shows you have a modest side to you but can still keep it spunky.  Although one pieces might not be best for a long day of tanning…  

Fun and Funky

If you find yourself rocking a suit with bold colors or fun patterns, you definitely know how to have a fun and funky time! The vibrant colors and unique patterns seem to match your one of a kind personality.

Simple yet Striking

You’re the type of a person that doesn’t do too much to stand out in the crowd yet everyone still notices you. You enjoy the simple pleasures of life and still know how to make the most out of it. Rocking a simple bathing suit is no problem for you as long as you get to have a fun time in the sun!

Kayla Dantley is a Communications: Public Relations major at the University of Maryland College Park. She also has interests in Fashion Merchandising and the entertainment industry. Aside from writing for Her Campus, she is a Terps cheerleader. If she is not studying or cheering, she is most likely spending time with friends, shopping, or staying up to date with Beyonce's as she is definitely a member of the BEYhive. Her ultimate dream is to become a Fashion Public Relations specialist and to work with all types of fashion week events.