This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Black Friday is the largest shopping day of the entire year. People wait outside for hours on end for the biggest savings on everything to get a head start on the holiday shopping season. If you are new to Black Friday, here’s what to expect on one of the craziest days ever.

Before we get started, first things first:

But have no fear! Here are best ways to surviving your Black Friday experience.

Have a good attitude and go into your first Black Friday experience with open eyes. Feed off of the hype of everyone else, even if you are still 100% asleep.

Know what you’re getting yourself into. It gets crazy, be prepared.

Caffeine will be your best friend.

Know what you want. You definitely will not want to wander aimlessly in a mall with little to no sleep. This will not end well.

It’s okay to impulse buy. Chances are that shirt, or that bag, or those shoes will never be 50% off again.

Clear your schedule for the day. You will be delirious and you will be in need of a very long nap when you get home.

Once you realize how much money you saved over Black Friday, you’ll be hooked.

So, there you have it. I hope you enjoy your Black Friday experience. Good luck and when scoring great deals, may the odds be ever in your favor.

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.