What Are You Thankful For This Thanksgiving?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It’s important to appreciate the good things in life, especially during this time of Thanksgiving. Many UMD students have things to be thankful for. So, here’s a list of some of those things! 

Freshman public health major Jordan Plotkin is thankful for her dog. It seems fitting that a man’s best friend makes the cut. Her dog, Sky, likes her no matter what. Even if they are playing a friendly game of fetch and he gets injured, he never stays mad at her. 

Freshman journalism major Alexandra Glover is thankful for Netflix. Netflix is always there for her. She can take it with her wherever she goes. Most importantly, if she doesn’t feel like going out for a night on the town, binge-watching is always a good excuse. 

Freshman behavioral community health major Kelsie Challenger is thankful for her health. Unfortunately, health and well-being can be forgotten and taken for granted. But, Kelsie appreciates her healthy body and mind. She recognizes that life is not guaranteed, so she wants to do her best to live her life to the fullest.

Freshman public health major Luniva Shrestha is thankful for being able to go home to sleep in her own bed and have a shower to herself. The dorms on campus are not too shabby, but nothing beats going home. After a nice warm shower, without shoes I might add, you can bundle up in the comfort of your own bed for a good night of sleep. 

Freshman communication major Arielle Hall is thankful for her loving family. Family is another thing we tend to take for granted. Your family is made up of the people that will stick by your side no matter. They deserve the utmost respect and gratitude from you. Hall appreciates the life her family has provided for her. 

Freshman letters and sciences major Sarah Winters is thankful for Starbucks. Starbucks is definitely a must for any college student. Coffee sustains our lives. Winters is especially thankful for Starbucks’ holiday flavors. From pumpkin spice to peppermint mocha, Starbucks knows how to get us into the holiday spirit. 

Don’t let your Thanksgiving be all about the turkey and the pumpkin pie , although they are definitely things to be thankful for. Take some time to reflect on all the good things you have and your life. Reach out to friends and family members and let them know how grateful you are for them. 

Never miss an opportunity to express gratitude. 

Megan Sayles

Maryland '21

Megan is a sophomore at UMD. She is a multi-platform journalism major, and is hoping to pursue social media managing in that field. Meg loves playing piano and boating. Her favorite quote is, "You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy," by C. JoyBell C.
Maryam Pitt

Maryland '18

.