This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

For many people, Summer is the best time of year. The harsh Winter days are behind us, the sun stays out longer, the air gets warmer, and people seem happier, losing the stresses of school. As with every new season, we’re welcomed with new trends and looks to anticipate for the coming days. Here are a few of the biggest and best looks for Summer 2019.

The first trend that seems to be popping up everywhere this season is neon. While many of us may be used to only seeing neon as we highlight the pages of our textbooks, fluorescent-clad models are everywhere from high-end designers like Christian Siriano to budget-friendly stores like Forever 21. This look will be sure to help your early summer glow pop and bring a fun touch to anyone’s wardrobe.

Vogue

If you loaded up on leopard last season, don’t fear, animal print is here to stay for Summer. Animal print can be such a fun way to add a wild twist to your wardrobe, whether you chose to style it as an accent or the main statement. While snakeskin seemed to be all the rage in the Winter, leopard is the big hit for the Summer and is everywhere from maxi dresses to bikinis. “Personally, I love the versatility of this print. It’s an easy way to spice up any look,” said sophomore Emma Schaefer.

Pinterest

Puff shoulder tops are another look that has been everywhere this spring and will continue into the summer. These tops are a nice way to go for a girly, flirty vibe, and are great for carefree summers. Pair them with a simple denim skirt for a more polished look or with some distressed denim shorts for a laidback style. “This has been my favorite look so far,” junior Emily Hilliard said, “there’s just something very sweet and poised about these style tops that instantly make you on trend.”

PrettyLittleThing

Now of course, what would a summer lookbook be without a beach bag. This year, we’re seeing bags that can take you from a Friday in the office right down the shore and onto the beach. A simple straw bag adds an effortless, minimalistic vibe to go with your bathing suit.

Zaful

Jen Mandato

Maryland '21

Hi everyone, my name's Jen and I'm a sophomore at the University of Maryland! I'm double majoring in Multi-Platform Journalism and Government & Politics and hope to one day be a political news reporter! In my free time, I can typically be found bragging about Jersey bagels and pizza, watching the New York Yankees, or getting involved on campus with my sorority, Alpha Phi!
Ambriah Underwood is an avid reader and writer. In 2016, she graduated from Baltimore City College high school becoming an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme recipient. She attends the University of Maryland as a senior, pursuing a degree in journalism with a minor in Spanish. During the spring of 2018, she copyedited news, opinion and diversion sections for an on-campus, student-run publication known as The Diamondback. After spending a year writing for Her Campus Maryland, and, later, functioning as an editor as well, she became co-Campus Correspondent. She plans to further her involvement with the group as well as gain more editorial experience through internships and by continuing her passion for storytelling. Ambriah Underwood resides in Washington County, Maryland.