‘Tis the Season: A Holiday Playlist to Get You Through Studying for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

The awful, long, exhausting, mentally draining, and to put it more simply, WORST time of the semester is quickly approaching. That’s right – finals. It is really easy to slip into a bad mood when it feels like all you are doing is staring at books and computer screens, anxiously awaiting the time you can return home with your family for the holidays. One thing that always puts me in a better mood is music. And not just any type of music, I’m talking about good ’ole Christmas music.

Of course we’ll always have a place in our hearts for the classic holiday songs blasted over the radio 24/7 from the day after Thanksgiving all the way up until the New Year; however, it’s definitely possible you may find yourself getting bored of hearing the same old songs all the time. Frankly, Frank Sinatra isn’t really the guy college kids are going to get hyped up to at a Christmas party, or the guy to lift your dwindling spirits as you fall asleep on your textbook.

The good news – there is more out there then your ordinary Christmas classics. Many top artists these days are covering some of the most popular holiday tunes while adding their own unique twist, creating a sound that is really refreshing to hear after being consumed with listening to the same holiday music all the time.

Here’s a compilation of some of the best Christmas songs covered by a variety of artists that we all know and love. Play these at your next Christmas party, while getting ready for the night with your girlfriends, or when you really need a good study break; I can almost guarantee you’ll feel better afterwards.

1.     Christmas Without You – OneRepublic
2.     Nuttin’ For Christmas – Plain White T’s
3.     Mistletoe – Justin Bieber
4.     All I Want For Christmas Is You – Big Time Rush
5.     Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer – Jack Johnson
6.     Fa La La – Justin Bieber ft. Boyz II Men
7.     It’s Beginning to Look A lot like Christmas – Michael Buble
8.     Santa Baby – Glee

9.     Jingle Bell Rock – Rogue Wave
10.Christmas Lights – Coldplay
11.Please Come For Christmas – Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
12.Merry Christmas Baby – Shania Twain
13.Do You Hear What I Hear? – Vanessa Carlton
14.Ho Ho Hopefully – The Maine
15.Silver Bells – Relient K
16.Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga ft. Space Cowboy
17.Shake Up Christmas – Train (Coke Xmas Anthem)
18.Last Christmas – Taylor Swift
19.Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays – *NSYNC
20.Carol of the Bells – Phantom Planet
21.Baby It’s Cold Outside – Glee
22.Winter Song – Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson
23.My Only Wish – Britney Spears

24.I Won’t Be Home For Christmas – Blink-182
25.Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Christina Aguilera
26.Christmas Song – Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds
27.Happy Xmas (War Is Over) – Maroon 5
28.Wonderful Christmastime – Kelly Rowland
29.Drummer Boy – Sean Kingston
30.White Christmas – Katy Perry
31.12 Days of Christmas – Relient K
32.We Wish You A Merry Christmas – Weezer
33.Greatest Time of the Year – Aly & AJ
34.Sleigh Ride – KT Tunstall
35.Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) – Leighton Meester