These Back to School Essentials Give Us All the Feels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Just when midterms creep up and the papers start to pile on, Her Campus is our fairy godmother and sends us the PERFECT mid-semester pick me up.

What was the surprise you wonder? Only the best back-to-school survival kit ever to get us past our jam-packed days.

Two large boxes filled with goodies to indulge all our senses greeted us; snapchat open in hand to catalog the big moment with dreams of reaching the campus snap story.

First, our eyes feast on some fun HCXO pennants from the HC Shop. Those went right up on the wall. We must always show off our HC Pride.

We were also stocked with some chic stickers for our laptop from My Social Canvas, a site that juxtaposes fashion with a cause, such as education, and makes it a reality.

And because eyes are our favorite parts to accentuate, we loved the NYC City Proof 24HR Waterproof Eyeshadow & Eye Primer in NYC themed names in high pigmented colors.

Finally, for the Gone Girl lovers, we received a sneak peak at We Were Liars and Every Day from Penguin Random House. Sometimes, we need a break from textbooks, and fictional thrillers take the cake.

Another, sometimes overlooked sense is smell, and HC did us well with hair products from TREsemme. The Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray & Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam smells good and takes us back to warmer beach days.

Five Hour Energy made sure we had the ultimate study companion: earbuds, so we can keep on going through midterms, with a little music in our ears. They also sent us copious amounts of Five Hour Energy shots to keep us awake.

Because, food is the way to a collegiette’s heart, and our tastebuds need not be neglected, we sampled Zing Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener to add to our coffee and teas. But, what got us really excited, were the Buy-one-get-one Chipotle cards our staff writers were treated to!  We hope you’re one of the lucky friends who scored the other half of that deal. 

But if you weren’t, we have you covered. Several lucky UMD readers will score a BOGO to Chipotle AND a coupon for a free noodle or salad at ShopHouse with locations in DC and Rockville.  All you have to do is Instagram a photo of yourself demonstrating how you support the UMD community  using the #gettingbackgivingback and tagging @hercampusumd. Whether you volunteer with your sorority’s philanthropy,  or fundraise for TerpThon, we want to know what you all do for our UMD community.

HC prides itself on philanthropic initiatives, such as She’s The First Tie-Dye Bake Off, which fundraises to  provide scholarships to girls in low-income countries, fostering first-generation graduates and cultivating the next generation of global leaders. Such, a SWEET cause, right!?  If you want to get involved, there’s even a chapter on campus.

The most extravagant treat was a MZ Wallace Chelsea Tote made out of a luxurious and smooth Nylon called bedford and accentuated with leather straps. It’s the perfect carry-all and is perfect to the touch.

For the ladies who like to get crafty, paints and glitter glue from Martha Stewart Crafts in autumnal colors were the perfect surprise for the do-it-yourselfers.

The HC UMD team thanks our sponsors  and we can’t wait to try out all these new products.

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.