Ten Times The Hooded Kermit Meme Described Your Dating Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and that huge group chat with all of your friends now have one thing in common: the hooded Kermit the Frog meme. I’m not sure where or when this meme started but it has begun to take over my life. Everytime I open my phone I see the meme at least three times, however I’m shockingly still not sick of it yet. The Kermit the Frog meme sums up my life in almost every scenario I can think of, it’s probably the best meme I’ve seen this year.

However, my favorite use of this meme hands down is whenever it is used to describe ones dating life. It doesn’t matter if you’ve just met the guy, have been seeing him for awhile or are in a commited relationship; it applies to all scenarios. Below are just a few of the hooded Kermit the Frog meme scenarios that perfectly sum up my young adult dating life and probably yours too. And if you’re sitting there saying “I never think like this when I’m involved with a guy” don’t lie to yourself girl, we’ve all been there AT LEAST once.   

How much longer will the hooded Kermit the Frog meme stick around? Who knows. All I know is when I’m having a bad day, scrolling through these memes is bound to put me in a better mood. Shout out to Maryland alum Jim Henson for providing us with the beloved Kermit the Frog who still manages to make us laugh in our 20s. 

All tweets above belong to @InnerHoodKermit

My name is Meghan Moriarty. I am one of the editor-in-chief's of Her Campus Maryland.