This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Name: Tariq Beidleman

Year: Junior

Major: Mechanical engineering

Hometown: Germantown, Md.

What are you involved in at UMD? I’m an RA in Easton and the sustainability chair for my fraternity, Alpha Tau Omega. I do projects to make our chapter house more sustainable, like installing LED lights and low-flow showerheads.

What is your dream job? I guess something in engineering. That, of course, and keeping bae happy.

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? I got my ear pierced at a party about a week ago. It didn’t work the first time and we had to try again, so there’s a second hole that actually only goes halfway through.

What is something that people don’t know about you? Fun fact, I’m “low-key” a momma’s boy.

What’s your best pickup line? On a scale of one to America, how free are you this weekend?

Favorite date night? A nice dinner on the beach under a canopy. Candles, music, the ocean–the whole package. It’s totally romantic and cliché, I know.

Biggest turn off? Honestly, I hate it when girls eat my food. I don’t ever say anything because I’m trying to be polite, but if it’s romantic or flirty I guess it’s cool.

Biggest pet peeve? When girls eat my food…

What should a girl do to get your attention? I like it when girls say I look like Usher. Say I look like Usher and you’ll win my heart. Someone actually called me that last night!

Favorite place to eat in College Park? It used to be Big Play when that was still around, but now it’s probably Busboys and Poets.

What song describes your life? It’s called “Late” by Kanye West. One of the main lyrics is “I’ll be late for that.” I totally live by that. I’m always running on CP time.

What is your biggest fear? I have a fear of drowning. I tried to overcome this by becoming a lifeguard a few years back, but it didn’t exactly work. Still working on that.

Describe yourself in three words: Chill, happy, chill.