The Struggles Of Getting Home For The Holidays As Told By Greys Anatomy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Finals are wrapping up and campus starts to become a ghost town as everyone leaves for the holidays.

Lucky you! Once again you have to figure out how you’re getting home for the holidays since you don’t have a car on campus…

You start by asking any friends on campus who live near you if they have an extra seat in their car. This almost always never works out unless some kind of miracle happens. Oh you can’t give me a ride? No, really I’m okay I’ll figure it out.

Frantically, you start to check online if there are any busses or trains that can get you home that don’t cost $1,000. Don’t you just love how travel prices go up during the holidays?

Then you have to call your parents and figure out who can take off work when to come and get you. This conversation always results in a fight because they don’t understand why no one else can give you a ride.

Coordinating how you’re getting home while studying for finals may cause a mental breakdown or two. Or three.

Eventually you figure out how you’re getting home and you couldn’t be more relieved….until you have to figure out how you’re getting back.