This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Rj Kaminski

Major: Sports Broadcasting and Multi-Platform Journalism

Year: Freshman

Age: 18 “old enough to party”

Hometown: Baltimore, MD

I grew up just outside the city on a 5-acre mini horse farm. I always drop that line on the first date. It’s like unfair to mention that, chicks like mini ponies for some reason.

Relationship Status: Single “or a stallion”

Why are you still single?

I can’t ever have a woman tie me down unless I find the right one

What would you look for in the right one?

She would have to be a take home to mom kind of girl. I’m a pretty good judge of character right off the bat, I think. If she has more than a few tears in the ole jeans then maybe she’s too much to handle for me. I feel like two tears are take home to mom material. And love for country music is a must. If we can’t sing Wagon Wheel or Tim McGraw on our romantic drives in my truck then it’s a no go. She’s got to have good values and most importantly have her priorities in order. Yes, I want a girl that wants to rage at C-Stone every night but c’mon not on Mondays, that just screams over the top to me. Everything in moderation for sure.

Have you found any girls like this?

I have found a few good girls that fit this criteria but I’ve learned over 75% of the babes like this at UMD have boyfriends. I hate the word boyfriend. Like my friend Ben told me once, “never take a sandwich to a restaurant.”  But hey, the gal for me is still out there. Lots of Terps in the sea.

Where would you take a girl on a first date in College Park?

Definitely Chipotle. Always a long line in that place, it’s a perfect chance for people watching and just bonding with the gal.  It’s a special time to learn about each other while enjoying a couple burritos. Or I’d take her to Noodles and Co, but probably Chipotle. Also, if she schemes on the water cup privilege more than once then she’s probably not for me.  I mean everyone dumps some Sprite in the old H20 cup every now and then but come on don’t make it a habit. Once is good shows me your just dangerous enough but you still have a conscience.

Is that a test?

It’s somewhat of a test but don’t think I’m all about testing the gals; it’s merely to see what kind of person she is.

What are some of your biggest turn offs?

If she doesn’t love the camo interior in my truck then it might not work out.

Also, if she doesn’t sing to Dancing When The Stars Go Blue by Tim McGraw on our way home then that’s a total deal breaker. And having more than one or two tattoos, as well as piercings. Let’s keep the piercings all above the waist ladies. I don’t get down with you if you’re rocking the snakebite piercings. I mean I would for a night cause that’s pretty sexy but don’t think you’re meeting Mrs. Kaminski with those bad boys in your back. But I can get down with one of those nose stud piercings. It shows you’re just dangerous enough to get one but you’re not over the top. It says, “I can still rock your world, but I’m still a classy gal.”

What is the first thing you notice about a girl?

The first thing I look for in a girl is a nice smile and a nice personality. I love throwing out compliments. I’m what people call a generous lover, especially on my insta game.

What advice would you give to single girls?

RULE #1: Never, and I mean never ask a guy to buy you a drink at the bar. I have been asked so many times, and now I have a little reel of excuses to throw out. It’s a total turn off. Make me want to spend 8 bucks on that Jager bomb. Don’t ask me for it. Charm me, don’t swindle me. Easy as that.

What is a fun fact about you most people don’t know?

I used to act. I had a chance to be Lupus from Bad News Bears in that Billy Bob Thornton movie and my mom never told me about it until a year later.  She didn’t want me wasting half of my time in 5th grade in Hollywood filming a movie. “Are u crazy woman?” Is what I said once I found out she kept that from me.  I also was an extra in Syrina with George Clooney we had lunch of the set of the movie and bonded pretty well. Nice guy he is, definitely a stud. I was also an extra in Triple X 2 State of the Union with Ice Cube and Willem Dafoe. Never had lunch with them but that was pretty sweet. My big time acting gig was performing on Broadways’ production of Scrooge with Richard Chamberlain. That was big time stuff right there. I played a little urchin boy. That was a blast.

Young RJ with George Clooney

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.