The Power of the B*itch: Why Men Pick Them Over Nice Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Have you ever wondered why he dumped you over this other girl? The one that you call a b*tch? Even though you thought you did everything so nicely, perfectly, and exceptionally in your seemingly “perfect” relationship, in the end you’re just left cold turkey. “I was always there for him,” you protest and BOOM! You have the answer right before your eyes. You were always there, you didn’t present challenges for him thus he took you for granted and decided to move on without you.

Now recall the glorious days of elementary school, when our teachers always told us about the hunting and gathering societies. They showed us pictures of unshaved homosapien men in their Tarzan-like outfits, chasing and hunting day and night for their food. What our teachers failed to establish then is that men, from those early ages, are conditioned by nature to want to chase something before they get it.

They truly want to go after it, try hard to get it, meet and bravely overcome various roadblocks, and successfully reach the end point. Only then will they feel that they have met the satisfaction of their masculinity and will want to brag about it to the entire world. Similar to the homosapien man, today’s men roam the earth to get the most desirable women. (Photo credit to betcheslovethis.com)

As Sherry Argov, the author of the book Why Men Love Bitches, says, the difference between the nice girl and the b*tch one is that the first one is always there for her boyfriend without presenting what he is yearning for: a mental challenge. Once he feels that she is always there he will take her for granted, he will rest his case and in a few weeks he will invite her to the funeral of their “perfect” relationship.

This is the main difference between the nice girl and the b*tch one: the latter one always knows her limits and will not compromise to please any guy. Once, any girl achieves thathe will be the one to come her way. Guaranteed. (Photo credit to www.collegecandy.com)

According to Joreen’s “The Bitch Manifesto”, men love, adore, and appreciate more than anything else the b*itches because they possess three qualities: a strong personality, physical appearance and clear orientation. Men love b*tches, or in other words women with strong personalities that will not settle down for easy solutions and will have a voice in their relationship.

First off, a b*tch has a strong personality which means that she would never change her plans to satisfy any man. Let’s say that he wants to see you and he asks you when you are free. Argov, would argue that even though you might have all the free time in the world you must just give him only two days that you are available. Then, he will get the message that you are not always free and he will come your way. Guaranteed. Next, she possesses great physical appearance and when other nice girls condense their bodies to take less space a b*tch, who knows well what she deserves, will take as much space as she wants.  Last but definitely not least, a b*tch is well oriented and as Joreen argues she treats herself as “Subject, not object (…) and refuse to serve, honor or obey anyone.” Men who are used to dealing with women who appear to be needy or insecure in their relationship will be seduced by the uncompromising character of the b*tch and will want to come her way. Guaranteed.

Self-Evaluation Quiz:
Now take the following easy-three-question quiz and see if you fall in the b*tchy or nice girl category. Remember the only and most important rule: be honest with yourself.

1) It is Friday night and you have plans for 9 p.m. At 11 p.m. he calls you and says that he will not be able to make it. You:
A) Flip out, cry on the phone for hours and then you miserably call it a night
B) When he calls you, tell him you made other plans.

2) You invite him over for the first time. The menu for the night will include:
A) Filet Mignon steak with an expensive bottle of champagne or red wine. It depends on what he likes more.
B) Menu? What menu?

3) He tells you he is going to take you out on a “nice date”. You don’t know where you are going yet, so you dress up ready to go anywhere, even somewhere fancy. It turns out that he takes you to Five Guys and he splits the bill. You:
A) Do not say anything and eat your burger silently. Next morning you call him again.
B) Do not say anything but by the end of the very same night you delete his number.

(Photocredit to www.financiallysmitten.com)

RESULTS:
Give yourself 5 points for every A answer that you got. Give yourself 0 points for every B answer that you got.

If you got 5 points or above: OUCH!  You are clearly way too nice sweetie.

Guidelines for the girls who are way too sweet:
I’m sorry to be the one to announce the news but you have fallen into the trap that every one of us girls has been in the past. You think that by being too nice you will make things work. However, what you perceive as nice and nurturing, he perceives as mothering and boring and he will soon make his way out of your relationship. To avoid that, closely follow the next guidelines:
1.     Do NOT always check in and leave him wonder
2.     Similarly, do NOT flip out when he is the one who does not check in. (Guys HATE being controlled).
3.     Do NOT rearrange your plans for him, because you automatically give him the upper hand in your relationship
4.     Do NOT appear too vulnerable and needy; show him that you can leave without him too.
5.     Behave as though you have complete trust in him and make sure you look secure in his eyes. He does not want to deal with a woman who lacks assertiveness and lives behind his shadow.

B*tch is a beautiful term to be called. B.I.T.C.H means nothing else but Beautiful, Intelligence, Talented, Charismatic and Harmonious. A b*tch is not passive and by no means she will play that role. And that is one of the reasons men go after her. So as a last word of advice: Embrace the b*tch inside you!