The Perfect Swimsuit For Your Body Type

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

You have an hour glass shape:

If you’re fortunate enough to have the ideal body….let’s just stay we’re all a little envious because pretty much any bikini will look amazing on you. If the hourglass is your shape then the classic bikini is perfect for you! The smaller the bikini the better, because you’ve got the curves to show off. 

Forever 21 “Tribal Print Chic” Bikini $4.80 for each piece 

If you have an athletic build:

If you’re body has more of an athletic feel to it, ring top bandeau bikinis are absolutely perfect for you! They flatter your bust and give the appearance that your ladies are sightly better endowed than they might be. Ring top bandeaus can do just that. The white in this bikini will also bring out your amazing tan!

White O-Ring Bandea Top 2-Pice Bikini $19.99

If you have a short torso:

If you’ve got a short torso, wearing a swimsuit in a dark color brings attention to your collar bone. Pair your swimsuit top with a pair of low cut bikini bottoms to make your torso look extra long. And if you really love this suit, it comes in 21 colors! 

Victoria’s Secret Fabulous Push Up Triangle Top and Double String Bottom $44.50 and $18.50 

If you have a long torso:

Long torso’s look amazing in bikinis (note how all the VS swimsuit models have torsos that go on for days) but some swimsuits can make your legs look short. Make sure you get a pair of high cut bottoms so that your legs are accentuated.

Jessica Simpson Seaglass Flutter Bathingsuit $64 and $42

If you have a little pooch:

If you’ve got a little pooch going on there’s no need to worry! A one piece swimsuit in a chevron pattern creates the optical illusion of no pooch! Something about the stripes creates a slimming effect, so find the right swimsuit and walk out there like you own the place.  We’re also loving the side-panel trend, which takes off pounds! 

Target Zig-Zag Print One Piece 34.99