jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Perfect Song for Your Holiday Starbucks Drink

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

The holiday season is here, and you know the perfect way to celebrate is with a warm cup of coffee. Starbucks’ holiday menu will always put you in a jolly mood, but a good drink is always in need of a good song to actually make your taste buds sing. So what song is perfect for your drink?

Caramel Brulée Latte:

“If you are chilly, here take my sweater.Your head is aching, I’ll make it better”

“The Way I Am” – Ingrid Michaelson.

The sweet caramel brulée sauce mixed in with espresso and steamed milk will put you in a mood to sway a little, or maybe even do a jig. It flawlessly compliments the soft beats and tambourine shakes to Ingrid’s hit song. It’s almost as if this drink is singing right to you coffee lovers!

Chestnut Praline Latte:

“Hello, it’s me

I was wondering if after all these years you’d like to meet”

“Hello” – Adele

This rich, deep, chestnut taste will take you back through the last year. All those late nights studying, adventures through D.C. with your friends, perhaps even a breakup, will get settled with this golden drink. If you’re in the mood for mellow reminiscing, this song and drink pairing will get you right where you want to beremembering with happiness.

Peppermint Mocha:

“Uh huh, show me what you got now

Come and make it worth my while”

“Worth It” – Fifth Harmony

Bad day? Feeling down? Sick of the cold (even though, ugh, it just began)? This poppin’ drink will get you up and out of your seat ready to take on the world and forget anything wrong.  This song and the evelasting peppermint taste mixed with sweet mocha sauce will help you shake off anything. One sip and you’ll be ready to scream “I’m worth it” to the clouds.

Eggnog Latte:

It’s the most beautiful time of the year

Lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer

I should be playing in the winter snow

But I’mma be under the mistletoe”

Mistletoe – Justin Bieber

Yes, Justin Bieber isn’t very high on many people’s nice list this year, but this song is still gold for the holiday season. It’s laidback guitar and beats are great for sipping on an eggnog latte and relaxing with friends or even your significant other. Together, the two will make you fall in love with the season all over again.

Gingerbread Latte:

“I’ve got to get home – Oh baby, you’ll freeze out there

Say, lend me your coat – It’s up to your knees out there”

Baby It’s Cold Outside – (Your favorite version)

This drink is for when it gets too cold that it’s impossible to survive without a cup in your hand.  Also, it’s the epitome of the holiday season, so it’s only fitting that you spend your drink listening to something that will put you in the mood. Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, you’ve got to admit it’s basically Christmas in a cup.  You can almost taste all those incoming presents of the season, beautiful snowfalls, warm lighting and the all time holiday favoritegingerbread (well, you can actually taste that).  

Fashion and style are the epitomy of Revathi Janaswamy's life. Magazines like Seventeen and Teen Vogue, and sites like Pintrest and HerCampus are her bible. A freshman journalism major at the University of Maryland, she is so excited to write for UMD's Her Campus chapter. Hobbies include dancing, singing, reading and watching TV/movies.