freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Not Giving Up on Someone in the Eyes of Jason Mraz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

“God knows we’re worth it”

If you’ve ever heard or listened to the lyrics of Jason Mraz’s song I Won’t Give Up intently, you’ll realize how raw the emotions are and how it perfectly simplifies our often cryptic feelings when the skies get rough.

I recently hit a bump with someone I care about because he wasn’t honest with me.

“Breaking trust is like crumpling a piece of paper and trying to straighten it back out again.”

At the same time only time will tell how I heal and if I can trust him again, but in the meantime my heart hurts and I can’t stop questioning to myself “so what now?”

We both need some space to do some navigating but I question our ability to patiently wait to see what we find because of how young and stupid we are.

Basically we got a lot to learn.

I know I need to choose my battles wisely, but it’s hard when you question whether it’s even worth it pick up the sword. I also wonder if my failed relationships in the past hold weight over my ability to recover from the resentment, embarrassment, and sadness.

I don’t want to be someone who walks away so easily, but keeping two feet on the ground instead of running to forget is excruciating. I feel resented, disrespected, and most of all misunderstood. I don’t think we communicated well and I have to admit that I am at fault for not considering his feelings/thoughts/wants/or whatever is going through his mind.

However, in the end you’re still my friend and I do want to trust you again so I’m going to say I’m sorry. Let’s hope this isn’t a mistake that will come back to slap me across the face because by then I probably won’t be young and stupid anymore, just stupid.

Audrey graduated from the University of Maryland College Park with a major in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Information Sciences. She was born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia. She loves to travel around the world and always has her camera ready to capture everything so follow her on Instagram @audreynwid. Her life motto is 'Don't be afraid to defy the auds, pun intended.' Her furry partner in crime is a Shiba Inu named Hibiki who is quite the model and loves to go hiking. Check him out on Instagram @hibibblekiki