burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

New York Fashion Week’s Finest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

There is one week where I make a point to follow the hottest names in fashion on Instagram, and that is the one and only New York Fashion Week. Lucky for us 21st century collegiettes, we have a handful of media sources to give us the effect of sitting front row in New York City next to Anna Wintour and my girl, Gwenyth Paltrow. This past September show previewed designer’s Spring 2014 line and even though that may seem far away, it is never too early to be fashionable. Unfortunately, I am not sitting in a Mercedes-Benz fashion show tent, but am in College Park on nytimes.com pouring over images of every look showed by my favorite designers. What I have done here is make some of my favorite fashions selections, CP- friendly so we can make a fashion statement without breaking the bank.

Below is my first pick, from Rag & Bone. This look will keep you warm but is still totally flirty and cute. Instead of a plunging neckline, I picked out something more conservative and acceptable to wear in PSYC100. The LOVE sweater is from Aqua at Bloomingdales, $68. I would pair a white flowy short skirt from Brandy Mellville, $22. 

The next look could be used to be a little fancy, and is good to wear in the next month while there is still some warmth left in the air. The look shown at the Marissa Webb fashion show could be worn to class or would be great to wear to a nice dinner with friends. Take a look at the details by the knee! The white blouse is classic but the pants are just the right amount of trendy to be welcomed in the fashion world.  The shirt is from Tobi for $30 and the pants are from J.Crew for $168, which may seem pricy, but I think a good pair of pants is always worth the investment. 

Last, but certainly not least is one of my favorite designers, DKNY who showed a great little black dress. Although I feel like that cut would not be flattering on everyone, this dress from H&M, for $34.95, is a steal and would look great all shapes and sizes. My philosophy is that the little black dress is a necessity in every collegiettes wardrobe and this one is most definitely fabulous.  Pair it with a cute necklace and you will be ready to go out in any season.

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.